Show us your Bushcraft Hat (hopefully will end up pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They look out of place in the UK but it's nice wearing something nobody else has apart from Robin Hood reenactors on scooters...

I hope you don't think I was extracting the urine with my description, I really like the hat, it's just like a really bonny dog that has mixed dubious parentage and you think "How did that happen?"

Have had a look around online and there's a few sources available for when I'm flush.

Cheers for posting it up, had always liked the shape but had no idea of the name to go looking.
GB.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
yesterday [thursday] I got a new hat from a second hand shop for £7. The label on the inside says olney - have no idea if that's good or not - but seems well made and fits me pretty good even if alittle tight, but that just means it won't get blown off :)

2011-12-25135906_zps69a66c9c.jpg

to replace my old [5 ish years - which is very good for me as I have a habit of losing them] battered and recently dog chewed hat...

2011-12-25135906-1_zps647c0374.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
yesterday [thursday] I got a new hat from a second hand shop for £7. The label on the inside says olney - have no idea if that's good or not - but seems well made and fits me pretty good even if alittle tight, but that just means it won't get blown off :)

2011-12-25135906_zps69a66c9c.jpg

Looks like their Arran Cotton Safari Hat, LINK

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
OOOOoooo a safari hat :)

your googlefu is better than mine cheers at least I know what I've got so if it turns out to be good [an I lose it] I can get another:)

On a separate note I found this guy on utube [rob with a b] - some chap in south africa who likes to make fire, & document his success - quite funny vids. He hat a brimmed hat but with a mesh top - looks good for the heat to keep sun out of eyes but still let loads of air to the head - ok if you've got hair, not so good if your bald:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
OOOOoooo a safari hat :)

your googlefu is better than mine cheers at least I know what I've got so if it turns out to be good [an I lose it] I can get another:)

On a separate note I found this guy on utube [rob with a b] - some chap in south africa who likes to make fire, & document his success - quite funny vids. He hat a brimmed hat but with a mesh top - looks good for the heat to keep sun out of eyes but still let loads of air to the head - ok if you've got hair, not so good if your bald:)

RobwithaB is surreally funny, cool hat though, Olney make nice stuff.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Here's mine, an old Stetson Outland..picked it up at an auction a few years back for an absolute steal! A proper ol' cowboy hat!

null-15.jpg
[/IMG]

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
.....On a separate note I found this guy on utube [rob with a b] - some chap in south africa who likes to make fire, & document his success - quite funny vids. He hat a brimmed hat but with a mesh top - looks good for the heat to keep sun out of eyes but still let loads of air to the head......

That style's called a "breezer."

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
2azepyde.jpg
I only tend to wear a hat in the rain or snow.
I have an Akubra Snowy River that is over 20 years old and has been stuffed in rucksacks and I'm trying to get reshaped.
I also have a Lemon Squeezer Scout Hat repro for rain when I'm scouting.

Last edited:

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
OK, thought I'd posted this, but it hasn't appeared.

I only wear a hat when it's raining, I hate wearing a hood.

I have a 20+ year old Akubra Snowy River, it's been screwed up, stuffed in bags and is in dire need of reshaping.

uru7ytet.jpg

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Can't seem to put a picture of my two hats on.
I have a 20+ year old Snowy River that has seen screwed up and stuffed in ruck sacks.
I also have a repro Scout Lemon Squeezer, but I only wear either in the rain or snow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE