Show us your Bushcraft Hat (hopefully will end up pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
What about deer stalkers and fore and afts, I sometimes wear them and find them good, and my Swanndri Emler Fudd hat: -

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I hate hats- thats why I have long hair, best insulater in the world! But I did make myself a bomber hat for that toasty feeling :)
167444_1664342962880_7202452_n.jpg
And I couldn't throw away the jungle quilt hood so I upcycled it into a fuud t wear on chilly nights as a night cap ;)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Nowt wrong with flat caps apart from the fact that they don't protect your face, ears & back of your neck from the sun nor prevent rain from dripping down your collar.......mustn't mind either that when you take them off your flattened hair looks like it hasn't been washed for weeks.:rolleyes:.............nor smell too good ;)

Those last two complaints are pretty much the same for all hats.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I hate hats- thats why I have long hair, best insulater in the world! But I did make myself a bomber hat for that toasty feeling :)
View attachment 20612
And I couldn't throw away the jungle quilt hood so I upcycled it into a fuud t wear on chilly nights as a night cap ;)

Nice Hat Turbogirl, Somebody else who dares to wear an Elmer - I reckon there's a few but as British Red says we're Vewy Quiet about it. Is that Orac I see behind your left shoulder?

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Will you join? :)

I suppose I owe a hat picture in penance.

Sheepskin "mountain cap" - keeps my noggin all snuggly in the cold - and ear flaps too :)

Red by British Red, on Flickr

BR, I too have a sheepskin hat. Bought during a particularly cold drive through Aviemore in an old banger that the thermostat had gone in (heater didn't work). Was reading minus 14 in the car. Fantastically comfy and cosy. Great things.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Summer Tilly T3
7766211494_7bee2f82fc_s.jpg
Winter repro WW2 German field cap - wool with cotton lining for comfort.

015.jpg
I have many hats - but these are the ones that perform the best!

Attachments

• Cozy.jpg
    Cozy.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 80

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE