Rucksack suggestions please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You can never have too many knives :lmao:

And it is only the one pair of boots. Having done the Pennine Way and West Highland Way carrying a spare pair of boots I learnt my lesson :nono:

Phil.

Way back when, the Marine Corps policy was for every marine to carry a spare pair of boots. They rarely did though to save weight like you. One day on a trainink hike when a particular group of marines had gotten to the mid day stop for lunch, their commanding officer (then major) Chesty Puller gave the following orders:

-"Everybody take off your boots and turn them in to be taken back in the truck." Said truck had met them at the stop.
-After all boots had been accounted for he continued, "Now put on your spare boots from your rucks and lets go."

They NEVER went without the spares again. All that said, I've never taken spare "boots" either. Often a pair moccasins or beach sandals, but not boots.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE