Rough Close Spring TORM Meet ~ 10 - 14 March 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I've been on site this evening :cool: . There are a couple of trees down on 11 ~ but in the dark I couldn't easily make out whether it's good burning or still mostly/slightly green :eek:

Woohoo, white man fire with plenty of smoke. :campfire: Urrrmmm!? :confused:

Sounds like it needs to be chopped and neatly stacked to season for a season, nobody will touch it as long as we leave a note. :rolleyes:

There are now two wonton bags of wood in the van by the way.

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Unfortunately my old man has come down with a chest infection, so won't be coming along this time :(

Oh come on, cold damp air and wood smoke would do him the world of good, he could bring a hot water bottle and some Bovril. I've got an emergency can of Campbell's cream of chicken condensed soap in the first aid box!

Oh well, tell him to be more careful next time, can't be doing with him missing out.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2016
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

(The easy way to check out post #01 ~ http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/sho...08#post1720308 )

01. decorum
02. Wayland
03. Bilmo (TBC)
04. Mesquite ~ Thu - Sun
05. Crosslandkelly ~ Thu - Sun.
06. Midnitehound ~ Thu - Mon
07. Rob ~ Thur - Mon
08. Neil and Clare ~ Thu - Mon
09. Dasy2k1 ~ Fri - Sun
10. Dave Budd
11. Roy Budd
12. Mark & Abby (trader) ~ Thur - Sun
13. Nomad64 ~ Fri - Sun (TBC)
14. TinkyPete ~ Friday - Sunday
15. Rumpole_Stiltskin ~ Fri - Sun (TBC)
Extend as/if need be.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Glad to have you back on the list Rumpole_Stiltskin :D

In other news ... I have a new toy to play with ... and a semi-formed idea to aide people coming to Meets identifying where P.C11 stretches to and from :D . (I may grab hold of some floating bodies ~ if folk are willing, that is :) )

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Glad to have you back on the list Rumpole_Stiltskin :D

In other news ... I have a new toy to play with ... and a semi-formed idea to aide people coming to Meets identifying where P.C11 stretches to and from :D . (I may grab hold of some floating bodies ~ if folk are willing, that is :) )

I hope you haven't acquired one of these and lots of luminous paint!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Line-Painting.jpg
    Line-Painting.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 56

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
TORM - What day to go?

Hi, I'm planning to include a visit to TORM with the Rough Close camping this weekend. Can't find much info on the TORM website and was wondering whether it was better to call in on the way on Friday (doors open at 12.00), go on Saturday or call in on the way home on Sunday.

I'm guessing that Saturday and Sunday will be the busier days and I'd prefer to avoid a big crowd (particularly if everyone else is carrying a halberd ;)) if possible (but Sunday might be the best day for bargain hunting?) and Friday will be quiter?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
The traders are selling many handmade items so Friday is best for choice, Saturday is busiest but only a bit more than Friday.

Sunday is quietest but most of the best stuff has gone by then.

Thanks for that, I'll make a plan though as I've told SWMBO that I won't be buying anything, Sunday might be safest! :rolleyes:

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
I'm planning on going on Saturday as I won't be arriving tomorrow at RC until later (after work)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just a word to the wise... bring your wellies :)

The entrance to pitch 11 is doing a very good impersonation of the Somme. Lots of dry pitches once you get past that but the path in in is extremely squelchy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Just a word to the wise... bring your wellies :)

The entrance to pitch 11 is doing a very good impersonation of the Somme. Lots of dry pitches once you get past that but the path in in is extremely squelchy

Just needs a good hard frost! ;)

I've pulled a still from today's play with the new gizmo :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Some more of the bramble bashing attempt to reclaim the pitch :D

In the main, bashed roots and all :D

And now with a bramble pile ...

Remember the clump of trees in the top pic?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks to those who came along and made for an interesting and, from what I saw*, relaxed Meet :D (In fact it's still going on, but as most are now home ... :D )

My thanks to all, especially, for Steve and also for Rob :) .

Sorry I missed some of you, it couldn't be helped :eek: .

* Sorry I wasn't around more but with herself ill at the mo I had to split my time between the Meet for a few hours during the day and home to look after herself during the eve and night.

I bashed the new growth of bramble in the area Scooby went through (Late 2014???) with The Goat ~ a couple more pics to follow :D . So plenty of space on PC.11 now :angel: .

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Had a great weekend, it was good to meet some familiar faces again, and to meet some new ones. Thanks for organising the meet Phil, and you certainly did a great job on the Bramble bashing.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Thanks Phil, it's good to be able to start putting faces to names and I promise to get off my @rse next time to give you a hand with the brambles. :sleeping:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE