pot cosy material, what to use

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Thermowrap!
I noticed that at my local Homebase, they would reduce a full roll by a third if the label was missing or it had a slight tear in it.
I bought a full roll plus the tape for £15 and it'll last for years.
Used a long length for under quilt in winter and works a treat.

The best use has been a cosy for my Nalgene bottle. Don't make a cosy lid though, fill with near boiling water, slip on the cosy then put in a dry bag in my sleeping bag. The cosy controls the release of the heat keeping me toastie all night and it's still warm in the morning making the first brew a lot quicker!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I used Thermowrap to make my cozy's too. Works really well. As Widu says the silver tape degrades after a couple of days getting smacked around in your pack. Duct tape is just the the job.

193_zps278c780e.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Finished off the bubble wrap and a one quid roll of gaffer tape making a single layer cover for a crusader mug with my crap home made aly lid. Used a double layer for the base. Also made a single layer sides and double layer top and bottom cover for a Primus pot I carry inside the big Etapower pot. Inverted it protects the flimsy vanes on the bottom of the big pot for carriage.

image_zps3f61c445.jpg

ATB

tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE