Post a photo of you homestead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
I know that a lot of you guys here on bushcraftUK are into homesteading stuff like growing you own veggies,winemaking,soapmaking or imaginative recycling

So share a few photo or two of the littel self sufficient things you do round you home and garden.:D

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
So her is a few of my wee snaps for the homestead:D
IMG_7391_1.jpg

The"black gold"from the worm farm.
IMG_6689.jpg

Summer time tomato's!!!!
IMG_8300_1.jpg

My girls off to make some cookies.
IMG_1130.jpg

My old Nikon's new life as a plant pot

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lol - loving the camera recyling!
I would take some pictures, however there's not much to see yet - runner's are (just) sprouting and the chili plant is looking a little sorry for itself in this rain (under a bottle cloche).

At least the garden is free of dandelions - I've eaten them all! :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm not too good at the green-fingered stuff,
so my projects are mainly mechanical contraptions.

Heres my homemade ram pump - a water powered, water pump. When the stream flows, I can harvest up to a tonne of water in 24 hours which is great for filling the garden water-butts - I have outside storage for nearly six tonnes of water.

ATB

Ogri the trog

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
garden1.jpg

Here's our backgarden with the first go at the crops earlier this year. There is a bit more greenery now

Ogri...
I'm very impressed. 10/10 for making great use of a natural resource in an automated way.
I don't have a stream here though... I suppose I could leave the garden tap running into a trough and pump it from there to water-butts...
Hmm - maybe not.

A bit of a homesteading trend (do 2 threads count as a trend?) at the moment - I approve. :)

pwb

Here's a few pics of the homestead.

Not a lot to see in the garden or greenhouse yet , we're always a bit late :rolleyes: .

DSC01962Small.jpg

DSC01971Small.jpg

Here's some wine, pic taken last year.

DSC01436.jpg

We usually make bramble, strawberry, gooseberry, dandelion, elderflower and berry. ;) :1244: .
In the process of making dandelion wine at the moment.

Pete.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE