Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
Hi, I'm the GreyCat.

Been reading for a while, thought I'd join.

I have done quite a bit of outdoor activity in the past, originally through scouting. (In the past = over 30-35 years ago). I was with quite a traditional Venture Scout unit and we did a lot of camping and pioneering, we also maintained a local camp site. When at university I spent quite a bit of my summers breaks working on scout campsite service crews, Great Tower was a favourite, and I even did Gilwell Park one year.

I was brought up with outdoor stuff, my late father spent several years as an outdoor instructor and was a mountain rescue team member in the 1980's. I remember him bringing his first Trangia home (late 1970's/early 1980's) and then later I was borrowing his kit to go camping with the scouts!

Then the usual life stuff got in the way- I graduated, got a job. Did some mountain biking but it got too technical. Transferred my spare time to my garden and an allotment. Recently got access to some land in west Wales so I can now indulge my more woodland-ish interests.

I'm interested in woodlands/hedges, low-technology, medicinal/useful plants, and making things. I like my garden and had an allotment for a bit. I've got a self-converted camper van which is great for getting away on my own.

GreyCat

Reactions: Foogs and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Welcome Greycat

Gilwell was good, I even managed to make it to an international jamboree in Bavaria one time which was quite the eye opener.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hi, I'm the GreyCat.

Been reading for a while, thought I'd join.

I have done quite a bit of outdoor activity in the past, originally through scouting. (In the past = over 30-35 years ago). I was with quite a traditional Venture Scout unit and we did a lot of camping and pioneering, we also maintained a local camp site. When at university I spent quite a bit of my summers breaks working on scout campsite service crews, Great Tower was a favourite, and I even did Gilwell Park one year.

I was brought up with outdoor stuff, my late father spent several years as an outdoor instructor and was a mountain rescue team member in the 1980's. I remember him bringing his first Trangia home (late 1970's/early 1980's) and then later I was borrowing his kit to go camping with the scouts!

Then the usual life stuff got in the way- I graduated, got a job. Did some mountain biking but it got too technical. Transferred my spare time to my garden and an allotment. Recently got access to some land in west Wales so I can now indulge my more woodland-ish interests.

I'm interested in woodlands/hedges, low-technology, medicinal/useful plants, and making things. I like my garden and had an allotment for a bit. I've got a self-converted camper van which is great for getting away on my own.

GreyCat
sounds good. welcome. the collective knowledge on here is mind blowing. you will learn lots and it sounds like you got some stuff you could teach us. dale x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE