Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Haha! Nice one Bob! That brings back memories. :You_Rock_ We did eat well in Canada didnt we mate?
We were eating like that everyday! Mmmmm, I wonder if I should take that Grill....Ive got a pot the same as that one now as well, for the tent though, just for water.
What OIm rally missin is one of those helinox chairs....Ill have to do the tripod chair thing again. Got a photo of that one Bob? I dont have any photos of Canada....:(

It nearly killed me dragging in that much meat. Like pulling a dead horse. You just couldnt accept any offers of help though from the colonists.....:D....Its just not done.

Last edited:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Haha! Nice one Bob! That brings back memories. :You_Rock_ We did eat well in Canada didnt we mate?

You did. I lived on Granola, spam, pasta and beans.

DSCF0079.JPG

DSCF0080.JPG

DSCF0127.JPG

Last edited:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
While I was having granola in powdered milk, Dave was having a breakfast bagel

DSCF0126.JPG

DSCF0124.JPG

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hahahahhaha. I was bleedin starvin. Dont fancy yours much. I think thats all I ate. Meat. :lmao:
thankfully Bob had packed a spare stove, which he very kindly lent me, as my primus omnifuel broke down, on the first day! :eek:
Oh it was great over there really. And awful at the same time. :lmao:

I wish you'd post some more photos of canada up, or do a trip report or something mate. :) [However bad it makes me look. :)]

Brilliant, thats my chair!!!!!!! :D:D:D Yay!!!! And the tent which died in Canada. And my wooden snowshoes, with the bindings which snapped on day one as well!! :eek:

Its gonna be different this time, though looking at the weather. Buy a ticket Bob! Come with us! I know youre tempted...:thinkerg:

It was wet and slushy, and freezing and just ugh.......Im so glad Im not cold camping this time....

Got any photos of Joes tent? God that was a lifesaver wasnt it? >LOL.......I think thats what TinkyPete is taking.....What was it called again?

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
No idea mate. Im just a meat and potatoes man really. We'll get something in the supermarket in Kiruna no doubt.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
First night over there, we heard a pack of wolves making a kill, and howling their heads off, must have been pretty close to our camp. Bloody brilliant stuff. And the guy I gave my tent to, got a photo of a lynx!

[I just got really p****d off with that tent in the end] :)

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Bob and I were stood in the middle of the lake in the middle of the night, howling our heads off as well. :D [Thats how I remember it anyway]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I doubt we'll be that lucky. About 10km south of us there may well be Musk Oxen roaming the valleys of Sarek. Big hairy beasts that roamed the steppes with the mammoths! I'd be more nervous of those things than a family of wolves. Wolves are great! They be scared s***less of us.
Dont really want a close encounter with a moose though. We were walking past what looked like perfect wolf dens at one point in Canada. An old canadian guy with some fantastic seventies kit, like his toboggan and his randall knife etc, had a remote cabin up the lake, and he had watched wolves eating a deer, right next to his cabin. I went up there with one of the canadians, and he made us a cup of tea, in his cabin, and regaled us with old stories for a while around his stove. He was really impressive. He wouldnt sell us the cabin though! He said 'ask me again in a few years when Ive got Altzheimers!' :)

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
It would be nice to see as much as possible but I think it will be limited not only for location but daylight hours but I'm not gonna let that get in the way :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE