Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Save us a bed Dewi, I'll get choppered in at some point. :hatscarf: Be Well. Lay off the booze for a year. Thats my plan anyway.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
That weather forecast does look pretty [WOW!] doesnt it? Thats the first time Ive had a few butterflies turning. Honestly, Im useless. I still havent packed. Everythings just laid out all over. I need to pull my finger its seven days away. :slap:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Last time I was in Jokkmokk Wayland, I stayed in a hotel, and just moved around the bottom part of the town. I was injured and only had a day, It think it was a monday, and the museum was closed.
But didnt see any pubs. Err, If youre a bit knackered and you want somewhere to go sit down, for a few hours, or even half a day, inside, as you would do in a pub over here, what do you do over there? Whats the equivalent? Doesnt have to be alcohol served.

Last edited:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
There is a cafe somewhere there. We didn't use it but I recall seeing it.

Big_Laavus.jpg

There was also a big double kata set up that had a bar and stage in it. Again we did not explore it fully.

Some of the market is set up in buildings that had facilities like toilets that could be used. I cannot remember if any of them also had seating.

The Museum had a cafe/restaurant, toilet and cloakroom facilities.

Off the top of my head, that is all I can remember I'm afraid.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ok Cheers. Maybe a pub would be a good business idea! I might go sit down in the waiting room of the medical centre if I suddenly feel exhausted. Which is massive, and I think they would be ok with that.

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Pete, I don't mean to be funny but you're making me nervous lol, have you got flights etc booked, do I need to make alternate plans re snow shoes and sleeping arrangements, again, no disrespect, I know you're out of signal a lot but its a week today.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I know he's off grid a lot, he did say he was still on just it makes a big big difference if he goes or not and no mention of flights booked at last communication, i just like to cross the T's and dot the I's, it comes from years of running sites lol, I mean no disrespect to Pete but as we are cohabiting and he's lending me some snow shoesI just need confirmation, with a week to go :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Pete is pretty well offline at the moment.

I don't know if he has a phone either at the moment.

I'm sure he would let you know somehow if he wasn't going to make it.

I've only met Pete once, but that was my feeling about him, and I think he will just turn up at the airport. :) You'll be ok Al. Im very happy to be going with such a great group of fellows.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
On the subject of food, I think were all taking the freeze dried stuff in the main, and Ive got some thats 3 years out of date. Yum Yum. Should be fine, probably lost some of its nutritional value though. Plus I bought quite a few packs from Tamarack of Cod/Haddock in parsley sauce and mash potatoes, which I'll add some frozen peas to. Me and Ash have also got packets of the ovaeasy egg crystals, and Im taking tomato powder and chili powder. Ill buy some bacon for breakfast, and minced beef, [ to put in with the 3 year out of date spaghetti :D] And trail mix, chocolate, and those german pepperamis from Aldi. Few instant Ready brek & Golden syrup packets. Also Starbucks instant via coffee, which Bob and I tried in Canada, which was nice. And Stevia, and Tea bags, with milk powder. I think thats about it.

[I'll try and swap a couple of my freeze dried packets with someone else who hasnt read this post]

Oh of course theres the roast ptarmigan as well. Snow Chickens! [Which we'll probably never catch. :D]

I reckon I'll be alright with 3-4000 calories a day.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE