Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
That ex marine we got talking to said that if we contacted help for hero's they may be able to help with kit and forms ? Iirc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I was wondering if we could get corporate sponsorship... set a series of challenges that we film and put forward to YouTube on return maybe... if managed correctly we could get a very reasonable cheque for HFH... a very reasonable cheque.

More than happy to contact some of the larger firms who sponsor events... there are companies who will not only sponsor the trip, but also the camera equipment needed to film it in HD... bizarrely even the people who sell the camera equipment would sponsor given the right terms.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've missed calls and texts from both of you... I apologise. In the middle of sorting funeral arrangements and everything else entailed.. not a fun time at the moment I'm afraid.

When we meet up for our next jaunt, we can work out what we want to propose... work out some sort of plan and who we want to approach.

An interesting angle might be the wildlife cameras Dave was talking about... I wonder if there is a manufacturer who has developed one that functions unmodified? Could lead to some interesting footage.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've arranged a service for Tuesday, so all being well I'll be under way on Thursday... want me to give you a bell when I get over there?

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just waiting on Liz getting confirmation for time off and we'll be over there from Thursday till Saturday so yeah I'll give you a shout

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ive been chasing up the fishing, and it seems we will be able to fish, and the permit is only £20 for 7 days!
Plus we can buy them online, before we go.
Am also trying to get an ice auger rented for a week from shop in Porjus.
I'll post more links, and info, when I get answers to my emails.

Looking Good! :fishing:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I dont know if there is a link to the shop Al. I've been emailing a fellow at the atr and fish management unit, Norbotten county.
I'll post it all up when I get the info back.

Just so others know, Neil, a mate of mine is coming, and staying in my tent, he's been on loads of courses, with Ray Mears, Paul Kirtley etc..

[Which is brilliant for me, as we'll be able to share tasks.]

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ok, serious hick up in my planning here. When I proposed the date from the 11th - 17th, I used the dates given for the 2017 holiday calendar. However.... authorities here were kind enough to change that now to week 9; 27-2 until 3-3. That means my son might not get permission to skip school, which would sort of ruin a major purpose for this trip.

So can you still make it from the 11th to the 17th Ron, or would it have to be the 27/2 to the 3/3?

I know Lannyman was hoping for January dates...dont know whether thats possible?

I've had a request from someone else to get the dates firmed up a bit...

Last edited:

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
So can you still make it from the 11th to the 17th Ron, or would it have to be the 27/2 to the 3/3?

I know Lannyman was hoping for January dates...dont know whether thats possible?

I've had a request from someone else to get the dates firmed up a bit...

Don't hang things up on me. If you guys decide on other dates, than that's my tough luck.
January (10th) means a lot less daylight up there. Sun up at app. 10:00 and down by 13:30.
February (28th) up 07:00 - down 16:40
according to this site; http://www.dinstartsida.se/solen-ort.asp?id=1927&year=2017

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Right. I can make it in January, and I think by March we will have missed the best of it.

Who else can make it in January? Lets have a headcount.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Yep that's good for me, let's get some dates firmed up, probably better off towards the back end though for me but flexible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE