Open invitation arctic meet 2017

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
e7486f82a9ac6354825552774cf87a27.jpg
9b2d1662ba4d8674729915e3d9f2a941.jpg

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have the American/Canadian army mukluks and they have felt liners that come out and can be dried seperately also the British army ones do the same. I was told that in makes it easier to dry them out. The Candian/American are a similar outer style to yours but the brit ones are mainly fabric with a wavey base, so not as good grip.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got these US air force ones on ebay, with felt liners for a tenner. Fit great. :) Then bought the mesh canadian army soles.

attachment.php

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
I'll do my leather ankle boot, wool extra sole, thick wool socks, legwarmer, wool pants routine... Maybe even some footwraps...:eek:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Porjus/Vietas

This shows the bus route alongside the lake, from Porjus. £12ish Its cheap enough, and goes twice daily, from what I can make out.

We can get off anywhere, right up to Vietas, or further down, maybe in Aluokta, cross the lake there, and move up the lake and into the woods on the southern side.

Or kebnats kirjaluokta.

Should make for peace and quiet, with few visitors, if any, and great views of the mountains at the top of Sarek national park, northern lights, maybe some wildlife, and an easy escape route.

It really does look like a great spot I think.

Cant wait. :)

Im gonna bring all my stuff with me to the meet, TP, is working on, and put all my kit on a plastic table so people can see what Im taking.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Do you think it would be worth asking for sponsorship, from whomever, [other forums members for starters] and trying to raise some funds for help for heroes?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE