Not More Knife Law

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
oh dear Martin, please get your facts right. YOU didn't ban me, one of your Mods did, ( Mojofilter) when i asked you why, you told me to take it up with the Mod concerned as it was not your decision.

Rather throws into question any of your other "facts" doesn't it.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
GENTLEMEN...... Can we please keep the thread on topic and refrain from the trolling and political badgering otherwise I may have to intervene. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
right, well i didn't really want to post this story as it's pretty embarrassing- but I feel that his thread has gotten out of hand.

people seem to think you're going to get INSTANTLY nicked under section 139 if you so much as leave the house with a bananna. at the end of the day unless you're doping something REALLY STUPID to begin with, attracting attention to yourself, realistically the police should have no reason to stop and search you. threads like seem to lack common sense, and are just plain scaremongering. I've got no fear about going around my island with an ESEE Izula in my bag ( which is 1/2 the size than dinner knife) but i wouldn't dream of carrying my UKPK when visiting my Mrs in inner Manchester. COMMON SENSE folks....

anyway, back to my tale....

2011-09-02192240.jpg

yes, I had 4 police cars, 7 officers- including an armed response unit out- 120mph, blues flashing from the mainland. this was all because a dog walker had seen someone with a rifle in a field (before anyone asks, yes I was fine to be there shooting rabbits..) after all of 2 minutes the cuffs were of as after speaking to me, the police could figure out I wasn't a nutter, and was acting responsibly (lockable gunbag ect) I did warn one of the armed response guys that there was a sheathed knife in my gunbag, but he still managed to take the top of his finger off with it- much to the amusement of the other police men.

obviously I was arrested, and carted down the local station- under, yup you've guessed it section 139 of the CJ act, and section 16 of the FA act.

I was able to account for my actions during the interview ans was released with no further action to be taken. ( S16 of the FA act is possession of a FA with menaces apparently, as I had permission to be where I was, it's all they could arrest me for, as the dog walker apparently felt 'threatened' despite me not even having seen them, let alone spoken to anyone lol) all of this in under 90 minutes. I had both my air rifle, and knife returned to me that night.

obviously things here could have gone very, VERY differently. The attending officers were able to reason, and use their own discretion and judgement- as I'm sure any other would, in a similar situation. Attitude is the key- something that people in this thread seem to be overlooking. If you go out waving your favourite Kukri around in Tescos, expect to be picked up- you're acting irresponsibly and attracting attention to yourself, if you're out in the woods with a knife on your belt, or fishing it probably wouldn't even get seen, let alone questioned.

what I'm getting at is yes, you can go to the letter of the law, as it's written- but circumstance and attitude will play a significant part in any encounter with the police, IF they should have reason to stop and search you.

tl:dr, attitude is the key

my 2p is now in...sorry about the rant Gents...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE