North Wood extended meet, 30th June - 8th July 2012 country fair and barn dance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

1. woodspirits...............carv ing
2. NLW....................... I'll think of something
3. MartinK9................. General lethargy and tea making.
4. Twodogs .................K9s helper
5. Sasquatch & Joseph...knifemaking an ting
6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82...................... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
(subject to not being on holiday)
10. cowboy and cowgirl (Ill have a think on something i can contribute!)
11. andy t.
12. MJM1 (+ Wife and 3 year old daughter)
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good :)
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve :)
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun:)), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
18. Muddy Boots - Bird watching
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
a little reminder for those that like forward planning (never been that organised myself :rolleyes:)

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste

6. Priam +1 (TBC)..........I will think of somthing - even if its just helping out or brewing up for the demonstrators. - Litter picking etc.
7.Karl82...................... Fire lighting modern and traditional flint and steel, bow drill and also different tinder and ember extenders.
8. Cliv
9. Bodge + Adam ......... Oatcakes from scratch workshop. May need help with this in the way of shelter and a location with a useable fire.
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
14. Turbogirl and Youngling... I'll prob demo spinning, might bring the wheel if the forecast is good :)
15. lucklee. ill do a leather work tutorial mate, a basic sheath from strat to end.
16. SimonD... I can bring some bits i've carved to make steves stuff look even better. got a few months to improve :)
17. shaggystu and gemma (TBC) not sure what we could contribute to be honest, quite happily lend a hand with someone else's demo (tangled up in sally's spinning could be fun:)), or a bit of plant ID maybe?
19. Outdoory ( + Ewein +1 TBA) Helping someone else and learning? Maybe Bodge and Adam?

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
a little reminder for those that like forward planning (never been that organised myself :rolleyes:)

8. Cliv
11. andy t.
13. tinkypete....TBC
20. PREPER - tbc - I'll think of something other than making empty Stella cans from full ones!

Last edited:

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
:naughty: I better start practising my act right now............... hic,
Could do with an assistant or three :rolleyes:

PREPER.............. :)

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys, is there toilet facilities and running water at Northwood??
At the rough close meet everyone was telling me how good North wood meets are so it would be rude not to try it out for myself!! thats of course of no one objects? And my days off from work are in line with the meet dates!!
Cheers
Steve

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
hi jacko, there's both toilets and water. and you're more than welcome, as long as you're not south african cos we've already got one of those:D love you karl:p

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Hi guys, is there toilet facilities and running water at Northwood??
At the rough close meet everyone was telling me how good North wood meets are so it would be rude not to try it out for myself!! thats of course of no one objects? And my days off from work are in line with the meet dates!!
Cheers
Steve
You know, the first I heard of NorthWood was other folk raving about it at Rough Close! It's lovely, steeped in history, flora and fauna and yes, there are toilets and running water just a field away :) Come along, Steve, this next meet in April is one of the highlights of the year apparently, it'll be my first bluebell meet too :)

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
You know, the first I heard of NorthWood was other folk raving about it at Rough Close! It's lovely, steeped in history, flora and fauna and yes, there are toilets and running water just a field away :) Come along, Steve, this next meet in April is one of the highlights of the year apparently, it'll be my first bluebell meet too :)

Hi Sally, unfortunately I cant make the april meet as Im off to Maggaluf on my stag weekend, cant really miss that lol!!
I was hoping to goto the next Rough close but thats my wedding weekend, again I cant really miss that lol, so literally the next meet locally is gonna be this 1 in July, I just gotta hope my shift pattern at work coincides with it!!!
Cheers
STeve

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
hi jacko, there's both toilets and water. and you're more than welcome, as long as you're not south african cos we've already got one of those:D love you karl:p

Hi SImon, tanks for the info mate, no Im not a south african, just a normal bog standard Englishman from Cambridge lol!!!

But as you have a tokan south african, I am happy to be the token Train driver? It normally is a good topic of converstaion from people moaning about ticket prices and trains running late to Thomas the tank engine lol!!

Cheers
Steve

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Lol Simon their can only be one South African! one day i will bring my tribe. just got back from Scotland lovely trip will post in the out and about.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Wowzers, huuuuge congratulations, Steve! We'll raise a jar to you in the woodlands both weekends :)

Thanks Sally, we have been together 10 years so I thought it about time she made an honest man of me!!! lol
I hoping to sneak a visit to the bushcraft show on the monday as we are on our honeymoon in Lincoln, She doesnt no it yet but I have booked a nice log cabin in the woods for 5 nights for us so hopefully that will give me the credit to take her to the bushcraft show lol.
Cheers
STeve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE