Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi Guys I went with a friend yesterday to do that Geocache in Hethel, it took us through John's nature reserve the track between the 2 area's we mainly use is muddy otherwise it's ok. There's plenty of friut growing around, I saw cherries, plums and berries. See you tomorrow

(sorry didnt have chance to do Jerky)

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Another damn good weekend :camping: , even if very wet (beddings dry now and I'm about to re-fabseal the leaking tent) and I managed to get lost at 11:30pm last night :yikes: (cries for help couldn't wake the ex squaddie though - must have been all that kipping in his squad car he was used too!) :lmao::lmao: no more dark cat scratchings for me!!!!:nono::nono: where's Tesco's?????:confused:
Nice to meet with other familiar and new like-minders. Good sharing of skills from nettle cordage, net making and several of you missed last nights spoon tutorial for our new compadre Minstrel (it's your spoon- what do you think you should do next?) :togo:
Cheers for organising it again Damascus. :35: :
I hope the photos don't give too many people nightmares
ooh.. just remembered....Kelly's bottom got dirty again this morning but at least I knew where it was :)

Last edited:

Crowe

Nomad
Jan 18, 2008
Noewich. Now living in Limosin France
Well, what a great weekend - the rain didn't spoil it one bit. Thanks to all you guys for making it a good one for me (my last for a while now). A special thanks to Dave who once again organised it for us.

Minstrel - thanks for showing me the string, I think you have started something now!!!

Kev and the hammock were entertaining!!

Enjoyed everyones company - once again thanks - will keep you posted about my bushcrafting adventures in USA, and Central America

Crowe

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Yeah nice meet guy's,

I was planning to just bring my parachute as a shelter/bed, soooo glad I didn't!

I'll post the pics soon!

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Hi chaps..

thanks to all for making weekend happen, for making it fun, interesting and informative :)
Special thanks to Damascus for being the centre-stone. I am delighted to have met some great folks and hope to catch up with you again before I get work in some far-flung corner (hopefully).
I'll get some photos up when I can. Including one of my lovely spoon!!.. thanks for the patient tutoring and tips.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Minstrel,
heres a link to the organisation I mentioned:
http://www2.btcv.org.uk/
it is voluntary work, but occasionally they offer paid.
they also do free training courses, I have about 6 woodland care type certificates from them.
hope it helps

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi All

Finally got round to putting fingers to the keys, I am still chuckling to myself, Kev wondering around the woods, lost. The commotion woke me up eventually!!!!!!

Had a good weekend, shame about the last night when it rained just the once 11 pm till 8:30 following morning. nice meeting up with everyone.

Good luck Crowe, hope you get your boat back on the water ok and quite envious of your future travels, so all the best.

Kev, let us know how you get on with net making, you did provide the entertainment with the hammock.

Minstrel glad you made it, nice to put face to a name and hope you are successful with your future intentions.

Gt and Rapps nice to see you guys again its been a while and hope the chimney sweep is tuning with his crystal set.

Regards

D

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Last 2010 Kidzone today (free activities for kids):
Last chance to see my public Bushcraft demo for a while.
at Norwich, Sloughbottom park (off drayton Rd, near Asda)
Today, Wednesday, 11-4pm.
say hello if you see me!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Good turnout!:35:
nice weather, and I met Rabbitsmacker!
all done for another year....
Doing demo's is hard work, after 4-5 hours of bow-drilling you realise how damn hard it is, and why matches were invented! lol
and when you get tired you start making "schoolboy errors" lol
Top Marks go to Globetrotter for helping me this year!:You_Rock_

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Oops...soz Kev...been busy in my head and forgot...

I didn't get a decent pic of Rappleby... he was there...honest :p

Here we go :)

A couple of scene setters...

KevCroweandD.jpg

Some home comforts..

GTDamascusandWKev.jpg

Crowe and Damascus enjoying a smoke!

IMG00434-20100822-1227.jpg

Whittler Kev in a thong...

IMG00429-20100821-1833.jpg

......and doing some sit-ups :35:

IMG00435-20100822-1227.jpg

Thanks to some sage advice I didn't cut my thumbs off...thx Damascus :lmao:

IMG00421-20100821-1252.jpg

Another one of Damascus...setting snares for bunnies.

Damascusandsnares.jpg

GlobeTrotter (GT)... thx to you GT for the char-cloth and the tutorial...I think I'll be losing a tea-towel soon :)

IMG00419-20100821-1119.jpg

I hope that gives you a taste of the fine days we spent in the woods.

All the best,
John

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Oooohhh... Seriously good pics. :rolleyes:
Definitely love the hammocks comfort. A convert. Been looking on Youtube about making them, including using a double sheet. Best I get trying it then.
Also looking at making axes in the forge and Damascus steel from steel rope. Who's going to be busy then? And work's supposed to start back up in a week :yikes: :(

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
Good turnout!:35:
nice weather, and I met Rabbitsmacker!
all done for another year....
Doing demo's is hard work, after 4-5 hours of bow-drilling you realise how damn hard it is, and why matches were invented! lol
and when you get tired you start making "schoolboy errors" lol
Top Marks go to Globetrotter for helping me this year!:You_Rock_

hi all, good to meet rappleby and globetrotter at sloughbottom the other day, might get to meet the rest of you soon!

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
Been today to see about the Doddington Wood and it looks promising.
No cat scratching allowed though and it has Motor Cross every Saturday in one of the woods.
Owners going to ring back later to have a chat. I'll keep you posted

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
hiya, i'm going to be dense here, please tell me cat scratching isn't what i think it is and that hard routine isn't required!!? what are the plans if any for a future meet?
Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE