No gear challenge Autumn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Joking aside... admire what you're doing Mick... have a good kip and let us know in the morning how its gone.
Will do Dewi. Genuinely helpful to have support here. Makes it feel more worth it!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Next one I'll join you Mick... don't think I've ever seen a pair recorded on a no gear weekend... might be interesting :D

After tonight though, see what you can do about raising yourself off the ground... it should make all the difference to a good nights kip.

Tomorrow night is forecast to be a cold one... prepare. And prepare good. You have to make it to the shiny shiny wood remember!!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Well slept surprisingly well, once again rabbit snares haven't let me down I have one for breakfast so I've reset them and put the other 5 out. Hopefully I'll catch again. Have had plenty to drink I'm bone dry and looking at finding some source of food that isn't protein. Game prep with broken glass isn't the easiest mind you so I'll be looking for something to sharpen up. Had my eye on a piece of metal pipe that I might snap off and sharpen up. Nothing but time I guess! Been informed if I drop my battery pack through the farmhouse door he'll charge it up for me too and I have carte Blanche to set fires and build from whatever is here. The area is used regularly to have fires so easy to get one going again. Time to do my morning abloutions next. My kingdom for bogroll!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Sounds like all is to plan at the moment, weather due to change so a decent shelter and fire, traps working well, maybe save some for tonight, better sleeping on a full warm stomach, keep us posted and send the GPS if I can get away got an hour I'll pop up with a tinnie, is that allowed ? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
On looking for an outdoor bathroom I've already spotted elderberry, blackberry, hazel and a late Apple tree all heavy laden with fruit. As well as the usual quota of nettles and dock. Mind you I can't eat the burdock. Don't know what parts are edible! I've said it before and I'll say it again I need to get some fungi recognition under my belt because there's a load of mushrooms around that are probably edible but I dare not risk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Sounds like all is to plan at the moment, weather due to change so a decent shelter and fire, traps working well, maybe save some for tonight, better sleeping on a full warm stomach, keep us posted and send the GPS if I can get away got an hour I'll pop up with a tinnie, is that allowed ? Lol

Aye the clear sky is a double edged sword, no rain but cold is the feeling I'm getting. At least while my traps are out they're catching. If only I had even my slingshot I've seen many a woodie taunting me. I'd absolutely love someone to join me for a tinnie alas that's been deemed cheating. As I say though definitely looking at getting a group together for one in the future!

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Ah well rules are rules :) keep us posted, are you filming any of this like you were talking of once over ?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Ah well rules are rules :) keep us posted, are you filming any of this like you were talking of once over ?

I don't have a specific video camera but as and when I'm setup proper I'll take a few to give you all a little video tour of my area. In definitely buying a new gopro. It seems a bit strange not talking so making a video might kill that! Finalising what you're doing actually does help. Problem is anything needing 2 hands (everything) can't be filmed solo! I was shanghaied into this half way down a bottle of ale last night (first bottle so was stone cold sober it was safe) and I could have just done with finising the bugger!

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Lol just when you thought you were gonna enjoy a beer or two, that's just plain mean, I like it :)

"Mick we need to go to asda, we need washing powder and I need pop for work so you'll have to come it's heavy"

"No bother Steph I'll finish this when I get back(after minimal complaining)"

"Mick have you got a light?" *hands over lighter* "right there's some battery packs, get out, see you Monday babe!"

*drives away laughing maniacally*

That's basically how it went lol

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
You seem to be doing very well Mick.

Looking forward to some pics later.

Have you kept the fire going or are you going to start another later ?

Bet you have a good shelter by the end of the day.

rorymax

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
You seem to be doing very well Mick.

Looking forward to some pics later.

Have you kept the fire going or are you going to start another later ?

Bet you have a good shelter by the end of the day.

rorymax

Cheers rorymax. I've kept the fire at the very least embering, saves the hassle of going from nothing again. I'm trying to balance not neglecting the shelter while foraging about. Got a hell of a crop of blackberries and hazel nuts too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE