New Bag ... any suggestions?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I'm looking for something with enough room for easy access to an SLR with a few lenses, filters, etc however it also needs to hold extra clothing, food for hiking in scotland. It'd be great if it was vaguely bio-degradable too but I think I'm looking for something that doesn't yet exist!

Any advice?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Pri...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261079397&sr=8-1

That ticks so many of your boxes, I almost think it's a fix!

I have one and it's superb. I can fit a Nikon D60 and 2 lenses, 3 at a squeeze, plus filters etc in the main camera compartment. Then there's the other compartment for all the rest of your walking gear. It's also got a handy zip with an extension handle to be able to take the camera out with the rucksack still on your back. Takes a bit of practice, and only suits right handers really.

Access is through the rear, which sounds odd, but it means you can put your rucksack flat on the dirty ground, get at all your gear, and you put the clean side back on your back again.

Also you can tighten the waist belt, slip off the shoulder straps and spin it to the front to flip it down and access all your gear at waist height.

It's a great bag, I like it a lot.

Further, I've used it for hiking in Scotland. I don't think it's biodegradable, however I can't remember the details exactly but it even has some environmental credentials - made from X% recyclables or something.

Finally, wait and see when Amazon (Amazon proper, not a marketplace seller) drops the price. I got mine for about £40 iirc.

PS Welcome to the site! :D

Last edited:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
I totally agree with Scanker about the primus bags. I just got a primus minimus and I'm over the moon. I've been preparing a review to post on here. I've been through every conceivable bag combo over the years, including other photo backpacks and this is the bomb.
The minimus has room for my Olympus E-620, and 3 additional lenses + possibles. The top section fits lunch + a jacket. Overall I'd say this looks like a 30l pack from the outside and is perfect for me. I got it for £50.

PS. They're made from cyclepet which feels just like good nylon but is made from recycled water bottles + a donation goes to a polar bear charity when you buy one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE