NE Meet 3 - September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Nae worries about toe-treading Criag. I am happy for Dingus to take forward Glen Tanner for next year- would be keen to help organise as needed, but it makes sense given his relationship with them already.Quite happy with going back to Haddo, i just need to wait a wee while to see what rota I'm going to be on then to know if I can definitely make it.Cheers,KP

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hi Hi,

Thought I'd chip in to say I'd be interested in joining up for a meet [that is if its an open thing and anyone's welcome].

I'm relativly new to the site, have been doing a lot of reading threads, not posted much though. I live in Macduff [for the last 6ish years] had a look at haddo house on google not far away - great.

Have been thinking of getting back into walking/camping alittle, gave the outdoorsy thing up for a while to become a husband and dad, well 5 years on and fondly remember getting lost in various places round england and scotland and want to do it again!

In the last couple of days have done some searching on this site and - horray found some people in this corner who are adventurous enough to sleep outside!

I have had clearance from the missus for a trip to Ben Nevis on first weekend in Sept. But I could alter plans and tag along with you lot if thats ok...

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Good news folks we have permission to use Haddo again, They were very pleased with how we left the site :):):) .

The dates will be Friday 9th - Sunday 11th of September.

We can meet at the car park again and I will stick the signs up aswell.

Mousey you are welcome to come along mate just pop your name on the list when you can confirm the dates.

Ok now we have that sorted we can now plan things to do. Also do you want to do another group meal???

atb

Craig

Sounds good Craig. Will arrange time off work.

Another group pot sounds like a good idea.

As for what we can try, we can try out some of the stuff we did at the small meet we had. I was going to have a bit more fun with trapping, so may spend a bit more time preparing the bigger traps.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Hi Guys :)

Have to say that I will be unable to get to that weekend bash, as it coincides with my post-chemo 'vulnerable period' but, having said that, it may be that I would manage over to visit y'all on the Sunday; if this were to be the case, rest assured that I would make every effort to turn up earlier than I did last time, so that you're all not hanging about just waiting on me like last time! lol ;)

I'm happy to make some moves on planning a post-October Glen Tanar weekend meet, as I have the contacts there already...let me know if you guys would prefer a winter meet, or if you'd rather wait until the spring. From my viewpoint, it would be best to wait until spring 2012 sometime as my chemo should all be 'done and dusted' by then, and I should be well on the road to recovery after my wee 'journey'. Also, if we wait until next year, some of us could possibly get together for an morning/afternoon/all day or so beforehand, for those who haven't been there before to get the lie of the land...a familiarisation exercise, sort of. CBJ, I'd be happy to pick you up and get you over there if you still have transport problems.

Let me know what you thinks guys, and I'll wander over to Tanar and run these ideas past Eric the Ranger fella.

Cheer for noo!

DM ;)

Doug, would be good to see you come along. Hope things are getting better now.
As for the Glen Tanar meet, might be worthwhile trying to make that the next meet after this, perhaps as you say in Spring next year.

Is there anything else anyone wants to cover?

I was thinking of seeing if I could get a trout or 2 from the large Tesco and we can have a go at ponassing them over the fire.

Just found out I am supposed to be on a course in September so have sneakily put in my holidays for those days before the course dates are announced. :)

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
That's great Andy...hope to see you there. If the heat is off (as regards booking Glen Tanar) until next spring, that makes it easier for me and we could maybe make a tentative date for a day trip to recce the place sometime in the not too distant future when I meet up with y'all at Haddo.

Hmmm....'ponassing'...thats a new term to me...sounds interesting :)

Speak to you soon!

DM ;)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hi folks

Spring meet suits me fine for Glen Taner. Cheers Dingus for agreeing to take over contacting them for me (makes sense as you know them already). Things hectic here as became a dad again on Monday but its all good.

Dingus - take care mate and speedy recovery. If you need anything, I am only ward or two away!

Have a good time in September all!

KP

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Hi folks

Spring meet suits me fine for Glen Taner. Cheers Dingus for agreeing to take over contacting them for me (makes sense as you know them already). Things hectic here as became a dad again on Monday but its all good.

Dingus - take care mate and speedy recovery. If you need anything, I am only ward or two away!

Have a good time in September all!

KP

CHeers KP, and congrats on being dad again ;)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Great news,

Congrats mate :):):) ( hehehe Next time we see KP he will have shopping trolleys under his eyes lol)

I hope your better half and the little un are well

Best wishes to you all

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers folks. Aye, baggy eyed is so true- but I am off work till 9th Sept so can't complain.

We went family camping a few weeks ago and we are hoping to get away in September, again to a camp site, but can wait to get the girls into wild camping. Have to wait till they can carry their own stuff though ;)

Mum and Emily are both well, home less than 48 hours post op! Let the chaos commence!!

Have a good meet in September guys!

ATB

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE