Lonely Ferret?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
Get some complete ferret food from the pet shop. Much less messy and less likely to attract flies.
I miss having ferrets! My lad (two weeks old!) is going to have them when he's older - whether he wants them or not.

He does bite a little; I wash my hands well and rub in diluted disinfectant to take away the food smell. when he bites I scold him, tap his nose and put back in his box.

He doesnt take much notice of that (but hes only young)

Young kits do bite a bit, it is a way of exploring the world, like human child mouths things, and scolding won't stop this. The advice about gently making it uncomfortable for him by pushing your finger in his mouth is excellent, however, I have always found that they grow out of it.

When a ferret means to bite you will know about it! I have only been bitten once, when my Harris's hawk caught the ferret rather than the rabbit! The ferret was OK but he drove his teeth through my thumb nail - it hurt rather alot!

Lots of TLC and good food is th eway to treat them.

Graham

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Ferrets are cool

ferrets_with_glasses.jpg

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
my dad use to have ferrets and made a hammock for them!
he made it out of a sandbag put a small hole in the middle-ferret crawls in the hole
and swings about looking happy:)

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
Wildspirit bushcraft were selling them; but I got mine free, as a young lad found his mother wasnt very keen on the idea...

Sounds like you're going to be a responsible owner Tengu, but I'm surprised at someone being permitted to sell animals for pets at the Bushmoot.

I hope all the other ferrets found homes as good as yours and don't end up being abandoned once the novelty wears off, or the kids get bitten.

john scrivy

Nomad
May 28, 2007
essex
I had ferrets for years they make lovely pets they must like all caged pets be cleaned out regular i use to feed mine dead chicks the odd egg and as a special treet a large garden worm Please give your ferret lots of attension and a really good size cage with sep sleeping compartment and large run with lots of play things they love climbjng -A few logs are good

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE