Ferret find

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Went to put my chooks to bed just now only to be greeted by a pair of green eyes peering under the door. A big poley hob, thought it was our ferret Digger but went to pick it up and got a bit of a nip! Checked digger was in his cage (he was)and got a welding gauntlet! Gave the chap a broken egg and picked him up and popped him in my ferret box.
Finding his owner will be tricky as no one will own up to losing a ferret- especially where chickens are involved. Checked around the shed and it had nailed a daft broody and a rat!

Will make some enquiries tomorrow but meantime will divide up diggers run and keep hold of him.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
All I find are mice in my compost heaps :rolleyes:

Pity about the chook, but the rat sounds as though his instincts are spot on.

cheers,
Toddy

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
There were some lads shooting the bolters on the next door farm a fortnight ago, so I'm guessing it was them. Will see the farmer this morning.

I'm not too bothered about the chook, she was a persistent broody who laid 3 eggs and sat them. I won't tell them that though!!

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Owch, sorry you got a nip an lost a bird. But having said that I am glad you lost a Rat too :)

What are you going to do if you can't find the owner? I am assuming you are going to be 1 up?

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
If I can't reunite it with its owner, I'll keep hold of it. just a shame it isn't a jill as mine died earlier this year. 2 hobs ain't a problem though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE