LifeSaver Have Gone Into Administration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MarkN

Jan 13, 2015
Dorset
Hi All,

You may be aware the back in October LifeSaver sent out a message saying that the 6000 Water Bottle had failed a test which showed it didn't pass the Virus test and Life Saver recommended that it was taken out of use along with the other products in it's range.

I have a Jerry Can which has served me well since I've owned it but, after following their advice, I've not used it. Anyway, in the last few weeks I've been looking for updates on their website and today I've noticed that they've gone into administration.

I'm guessing that they've done this as it's going to cost so much money to put the fault right on all of their products. If they fold the company and start again all their liability goes with it and if we want to carry on using their products, we will need to purchase an expensive bit of kit to retrofit to our units. Or if people have problems they will have no liability.

A sad state of affairs from a company that offered so much.
http://www.lifesaversystems.com/maintenance

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Dodgy b******* talk about dropping your customers in the ****. Looks like none of us will be getting our money back then

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dodgy b******* talk about dropping your customers in the ****. Looks like none of us will be getting our money back then

+1. How do you know the owners didnt walk away with a packet, whilst leaving you all with a potentially life threatening product?!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That's exactly my thoughts cut and run with the profits and pay nowt but the administration fees to the solicitor

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
If any of you purchased your products on a credit card then you can get a full refund from them.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
sadly i used paypal and it was outside the claim period

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
sadly i used paypal and it was outside the claim period

If you complain to paypal, who will attempt to fob you off, and then to the ombundsman, paypal will normally always give you your money back.
Ask for it to be escalated and mentioning the ombundsman is sometimes enough....

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I reckon i am onto nowt as i bought my Lifesaver bottle over a year ago, got plenty of use out of it and i am still alive and i have used it on some pretty dubious water sources

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
If i had bought it more recently i'd definitely be up for the badgering for me dosh back, i recently replaced my Lifesaver bottle with a

Lifestraw Mission 5ltr

[video=youtube;ZYeb3V0affs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYeb3V0affs[/video]

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I reckon i am onto nowt as i bought my Lifesaver bottle over a year ago, got plenty of use out of it and i am still alive and i have used it on some pretty dubious water sources
I take it if no-one buys whatever is left of the Company the liquidators will appoint someone to divvy up the assets. There could be money sitting in a pot waiting for people to make a claim on it. obviously it depends on how much you were stung for as to what you get back.

Say you spent £10,000 buying stock from them for instance. Now that stock is virtually worthless because of false advertising, the stuff being dangerous and company administration. You could still be entitled to a pence in the pound deal if there's assets up for grabs like machinery or £££££.

Not really worth the hassle though if you are only out of pocket for a few hundred £'s.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Yiip i paid £67.50 for a Lifesaver 4000 bottle and drank around 1000ltr through it so i am looking at it in this way, i paid around 6 pence a litre for freshly filtered mountain water and now i have a novelty ornament

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Be interesting to see if and when they start up under another name how much "repeat" business they get from previous customers.

Glad I bought a Sawyer!

Andy

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The company has been bought and being rebadged as Icon Lifesaver. It looks like the shop is up and running again.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I'd would be interesting to know if any of the owners\associates of the previous company have any connection with the new co.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Prime player was Christopher Lowndes... he lives in Staffordshire... and has had more company directorships than there are days in the month. Not unusual for a company director to have the odd dissolved company, but this guy must be collecting them or something.

LifeSavers suppliers are not going to lose out too much on money owed though.... because LifeSavers main suppliers are run by, surprise surprise, Christopher Lowndes. According to companies house, they had 160k net, which doesn't make a lot of sense... they've dissolved with assets??

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
i still get a little ****** off every time i see my lifesaver bottle ornament

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE