In Need of Another Weekend Away?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Hi, Morch- where did you get that crest from? it was the motto of my school, Faith and fortitude isn't it?

Hi Nat, yea thats it, Faith and Fortitude. I didn't know what to put as an avatar and i noticed a crest somewhere that i liked the look of. I wondered if the family name had a crest, so i looked on the net and according to that it came up with this one and i've used it ever since.

Dave

R Doull

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2006
Scotland
Sadly Morch I won't be able to make it to this meet.. 'm out with the Scouts tonght for the weekend and have promised my GF that we'll go somewhere next weekend.. as I've been out in the woods every weekend since the last meet lol

hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed the first though..

hope it staysdry also.. ;)

Robin

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
What is the general opnion about food for the Friday n Saturday night. As i said earlier;

'So, how about chilli on Friday night and a venison stew on the Saturday night. The cost will be dependant on numbers but i would have thought about £2 a night (we'll supply the venison)

Then everyone can just provide their own daytime snacks and food for breakfast, though I'm sure we have some Lancashire black pudding

Let me know what you think'

Dave

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Oh Bum! Im working that weekend, just my luck, but I'm travelling down to Lockerbie on the Friday (I'm running a course there over the weekend) so I may pop in for an hour or two on the way past. I'll bring that stuff you asked for Dave, if it's anything like the last one it'l be a goodun, I'm gutted.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Anyone like to list anything they're bringing for swap/sale or are looking for?

In fact Is that allowed on this thread?

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Anyone like to list anything they're bringing for swap/sale or are looking for?

In fact Is that allowed on this thread?

Don't see why not.

Dave, Toddy's kindly lending us her 'chute, I'll be down with it about lunchtime on friday. :)

The food plan sounds good to me.

Josh

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
Thanks Toddy and thanks Josh for picking it up. I don't think its a problem mentioning anything you're bringing to the meet for sale / swap

Dave

Gailainne

Life Member
Stephen - can I take you up on the offer of that hammock? I really want to get Jake into using one and I only have the one - cant see me having sourced a Safari deluxe at the right money by that time.
Mark.

No worries, I just bought the 3rd generation DD from Steve so I'm gonna set that up to use for the weekend., remember he'll need a mat, although I'll probably be bring a couple extra.

Dave, food sounds great, more than happy to contribute.

I'll have a dig thro my "gear room" :eek: for stuff to bring.

Eric are you coming up ? and if you are, any chance of talking to that friend of yours about the synthian horse bow ? 28" draw 47# pull :D PM me.

Regards

Stephen

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
Dave - Food arrangements suit me just fine so count me in and let me know if you need anything bringing.

Stephen - great news, thanks. He has a mat and bag etc.

I'm looking forward to it - I need the break.

Gailainne

Life Member
Following on from the excellent StuartF thread, I think I'm gonna have a go at a shelter, one of the nights, obviously dependant on Dave okaying the use of dead and live trees to use for its construction.

If not natural I'll use my terra nova 2 man shelter as an overnighter no sleepingbag, interesting experiment if nothing else.

Temps are getting where it should provide some interesting info, if I can find it I'll bring along a temp monitor that has a 3m lead with a probe so you can measure external as well as inside temps, I've used it a few times with my hammock/tarp setups, gadget mad me :D

Stephen

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Dave - I'd love to come along if I may Friday& Sat Nights.
The only thing is family commitments might mean that won't be able to make and I won't know till Friday midday.
Would it be ok to put me down as a maybe?

The food arrangements sound excellant btw.

Thanks
Chris

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
And yet another excellent weekend was had:D

Thanks to our hosts once again and the company of a great bunch:You_Rock_

Tom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE