Fire, Ferment & Smoke's Open Fire Cooking Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
Last weekend I attended Fire, Ferment & Smoke's (***) Open Fire Cooking Course just outside of Bedford. It's a fairly new adventure set up by former Woodland Ways instructors Kevan Palmer and Adam Logan and is held in an open barn so the setting is all weather.

The parking is in an easy to find field opposite a village pub and the barn has a proper flushing toilet when the need arises. There was tea and a good selection of biscuits for the day. Now for this day Adam wasn't available so he had another former WW stalwart Martin Tudhope helping out.

As everyone had got there promptly we kicked off just before the official ten o'clock start. After a safety brief Kev got the four fires lit and we got underway. Without going into the minutiae it was a Moroccan themed three course spread and we proceeded to stick stuff in, on, around and under flames and embers both directly and indirectly with plenty of marinades , sides and accompaniments being produced with and in addition to stuff that was done on the embers.

We also had a vegan and a gluten free attendee in attendance who were well catered for. I've done courses with both of them (and indeed Martin) and on the day Kevan was so unflappable with lots of excited attendees around him. We got through loads and had the recipes emailed to us afterwards...Plenty of food for thought when one is doing food on camp. I've done a Youtube video on my channel if anyone is interested in seeing more. No connection etc.

https://firefermentsmoke.uk/ #*** #firefermentsmoke #firefermentandsmoke

Suffice to say I am looking forward to attending next month's seasonally themed Dutch oven cooking course,

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE