What are your weekend plans?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
Today.
Got the kids out for a walk in the woods
Went to diy shop in town for some bits to tidy up the fireplace.
Just put a batch of beef chilli in the slow cooker

Sunday
100 clays in the morning at a farm shoot nearby.
Take the nose-miners for a haircut when I get back
Then get the tools out and start on the fireplace bits.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im making lamb stew tonight...going to live dangerously and have DUMPLINGS!

Mostly at the moment I am leaving feed back for my many Ebay purchases, (a few self Birthday presents and small items for my up and coming Time travel; of course its the small stuff that costs the money, I find.)

(But I do need some stickers for my new laptop...everyone else has them, and I want to make sure the machine is marked as mine...A Wiltshire flag for a start...)

Im sorting my clothing; I have lots of wraps of varying form; I try to keep to the proper wool ones, but I find acrylics which can be passed on as I lose interest...one is a chequer table cloth...I doubt they had cotton in the Iron Age but its a nice summery garment.

I have a piece of tweed that I have not made anything with. (I think its from Toddy but cant recall). so I doubled that over to make a more convenent size and blanket stitched up the loose sides.

Also found a nice brown blanket but rather...holy. I tried to felt it up by putting on a normal wash but no...if I had put it on normal by accident I would have ended up with something the size of a postage stamp.

(This I do know)

I could darn it but there is at least a hundred holes...useful to have around but there is always the risk dogs/kelpie/members of the public will get their hands on it. I am thinking.

My work clothing is always a compromise between fancy and stuff I can muck up. Plus, as I am always at a fire, it needs laundering rather often.

Reactions: Kadushu and Chris

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Perhaps the blanket could become a fishing net…?

First batch of char cloth done this evening, just stoking up the fire to get enough embers to do batch number 2.

Got the first coat on the shed today, put in another vent and got some cabin hooks installed to keep the door open/closed as necessary. Feeling very productive.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Picked up an air rifle today to recreate Bird Feeder Somme in the back garden if the grey squirrels keep rocking up.

Made a lasagne and jacket potato for tea with a couple of beers and some Ray Mears. Rhyme unintended.

Just finished packing my bag for a trip into the woods tomorrow. The plan is to set up a poncho, brew up and maybe even try a very exotic sounding US MRE I acquired. Got the bushbox just in case, but expecting it’ll be a jetboil affair. This will be my first poncho and cooking setup in an embarrassingly long time, but thought it a good opportunity to try out some recently acquired kit. The Sabre 45 has come out with me on a few longish walks but not done anything bushcrafty, so this will be its maiden voyage in that sense. Wider than it is tall without my sleeping bag in it, hopefully I don’t get stuck between two trees.

Attachments

• IMG_3299.jpeg
    IMG_3299.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 6

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Anyone got plans?

Think I’ll go down the club tomorrow to set my air rifle up, then on Sunday hopefully get out in the woods to have a scooby at some animal tracks to see what wildlife is around. Might even cook up this French ration.

Reactions: gg012

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Down to the woods tomorrow to have a mooch and visit some wild grazing livestock then up to the small bore club on Sunday for a bit of practice with the .22

Sent from underground

Reactions: Chris

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im hunting X country Skiiing kit.

And making a friend a leather holdall. (Which will use up a big sheet of leather i was given and have no inspiration for...)

Reactions: Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE