I read something VERY sobering yesterday.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah, well said. Been some close calls with my own family and friends and felt the affects of it impacting on our lives. Good to read some positive stories though. Congrats to you all.

Santaman2000, point taken about the hospital fees, one assumes with the treatment he's already had since April he's got insurance. Last count for the cash raised thus far for this poor fella is $47,192. Not a shabby sum after only three days.

That's good news. And no, it's not shabby at all.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Cancer. Hate it grubby thing that does nowt but suck the life out of its victims
Watched my mates wife die from cancer she was an inspiration she was in and out of chemo looked like c*** didn't matter tho last time I saw her was the day before she died and we spent 2 hours nattering didn't matter how she felt she would sit and talk with who ever came

Now my Uncle is fighting it

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
That reminds me in some ways of a thread on another forum I read a few years back. It was from the son whose Dad had just died in a freak accident. That form it seems was brought together by just that one amazing post by the son, the 6th post in but a day or so later it was was at hundreds of posts from all.around the weird. Just like that post on the hunting forum. Both chimes with like minded people to bring out emotions for strangers. Powerful stuff! It also shows there's good in people with their positive reactions.

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Oh yes, I'm familiar with this. I work in cancer care. Not on the front line, but in a call centre, so I'm talking to the families of people like Jim every day. I could tell hundreds of stories.

The thing is though, most of them would be happy and uplifting. Sure, a few would break your heart, and even after four years in the job I usually get one that hits me in the gut every week, if not more often. Mostly though, people are happy. They make the best of things and find joy in the simple pleasures of family, everyday activities, and the masses of care and support that they get from the people around them. I don't find working there depressing at all. Everyone is so positive, and it isn't just "Good grief, by comparison to Jim I'm doing ok", it is positive human interaction with people who care, and people who are grateful to receive that care. There's an incredible amount of humour too. In the OP, Jim makes a joke about the size of the mound of shells he has fired. I think that is great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE