Hogmanay Meet ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates will you manage to be at Wiston Lodge for Hogmanay ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think you're right :)
Maybe give ourselves a month or so and have a weekend for it ?

Does that sound okay for other folks?

cheers,
M

Gailainne

Life Member
Looks like I'm going to be available for this afterall, I was heading for the sun but, circumstances have dictated otherwise.

Stephen

The skills thing, I'm sure there will be a few moments of actual bushcraft during the meeting :rolleyes: in between the eating, drinking and staying warm :D

Cheers

Stephen

Wow one thousand posts, who would have believed it !

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh good :D
I'm looking forward to a totally chilled out one this time round :cool:

and, congratulations :approve:
I hit 10,000 earlier today :eek:

I think I really ought to offer a kind of competition, and since you're celebrating your own millenium I'll give you first shot :)
I have ten bags of tablet to be posted to the first ten folks who pm me their name and address :D

atb,
Mary

p.s. Sorry your warm jaunt didn't come off Stephen

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Giving this a bump before I contact WL tomorrow.
I know lots of folks have pm'd and said they'd likely be up to join us, but can't say definitely when yet.
However, is there anybody else who can before I add it up ?

cheers,
M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Mary,i think Sophie may come along too if thats alright,we will probably do the Thursday to Sunday.Do you need any cash up front or will it be just like Commrie i.e pay for the nights when we arrive?.

Cheers Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent, she's a good lass :D

I could add you in and pay the deposit or you could contact their office yourself and pay over the phone ?

We're supposed to pay in full 28 days in advance but this one is a one off special case.
They need the names, etc., to cover their insurances, that's why the register.

The lady on their end organising the details is named Pam, and if you tell her that you are with the bushcraft group she'll sort things out.
Failing that, I'll pay the deposits up front and we can register and sort things out when we get there.
I need to work out the cost of the chute and divvi that up too. They say £5 a day, it's so handy though that I don't think we grudge it.

Josh said that adding skirts to it helped to stop the worst of the draughts when it's bitter cold and folks are sitting blethering for a couple of hours. He suggested small tarps or green windbreaks. I've certainly got cloth, and surely it's not beyond mortal wit to figure a way to get them stable.

cheers,
M

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Tripitaka and I had a cheap 12x8 builders tarp each that time and with your chute each eyelet lined up bang-on with the tie-on points for the string(every 2 foot?). Couldn't have been easier.

If you'd like the bigger chute I can drop off at your house no bother. Can't make the meet though. :(

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Josh I might take you up on that, thank you. :You_Rock_
Mine's fine if we get it high enough but the bigger one drops lower and still gives loads of space.

I'll remember that about the builder's tarps too. I wondered about creating a kitchen area when we're down at the Moot. It gets kind of crowded :eek:
and that would be a good way to create a covered workspace.

atb,
M

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Mary, Do you have directions to the venue, or is it well signposted.

Ian
It's near Lanark,well only a few miles.

I access it from Ayr to Lanark road A70 just o/side the village of Riggside,where I turn right onto the road to Wiston.

If you can pull up the os map on the 'puter ,you'll get the locale.

I've no gr or the like handy and not good with links.:rolleyes:

Tom.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Right now it's about -4 oC, and from personal experience of those Lanarkshire uplands, it'll feel colder.

The closest long range forecast I can find says very cold. Not horrendously so, but with only about eight hours of daylight to warm things up, it's still going to be chilly.

Bring warm, warm stuff for sleeping :)

cheers.
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Those are the dates agreed with Wiston. If you want to camp either side of those you need to contact them yourself. The lady who deals with bookings is named Pam.

There are only a few folks who are intending to camp right through, we've left the dates wide so that there's opportunity for more to come even if just for an overnighter.

Is this the information you wanted ?

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE