General advice for scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
I heard of a concerned mother who smothered her young child with the strong stuff because she didn't want him getting bitten. The child died from the DEET.
Eric"

"It kills anything small and irritating then?

bushwacker bob: what kind of sick person makes a joke about the reported death of a child in a family orientated forum?

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
bushwacker bob: what kind of sick person makes a joke about the reported death of a child in a family orientated forum?
Sorry, I dont know either of you, but it seemed to me that what Bob said was just a joke, and should have been taken that way.

Im sure many parents would call there kids irritating at times! :)

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
, I dont know either of you, but it seemed to me that what Bob said was just a joke, and should have been taken that way.

So if the report of the child's death was true is it ok to make a joke about it?

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
So if the report of the child's death was true is it ok to make a joke about it?
Thats not what I am saying. I read the post as being a tongue in cheek dig at kids - not some kind of laughingfest at dead kids or murdered kids. Sorry but I think you are taking this a bit out of context really.

My kids irritated the hell out of me at times ;) :p

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
, I dont know either of you, but it seemed to me that what Bob said was just a joke, and should have been taken that way.

Thanks Brian for reading it in the context it was written.It was 2 am and I had a teething 1 year old grisling on my lap!
The whole thread had a comedic feel to it and I assumed,wrongly perhaps that it was in the spirit of the thread.

I apologise if I offended you again Anthonyyy.

Jun 2, 2007
i've not long come back from wild camping in scotland , a good place i found is left off the A82 at AUCHTERAV*, just before st augustus, it's over a hump back bridge then almost immediatly left down a track,beside a river/loch, we watched otters & deer< had a fire enjoyed the scenery, theres a number to call on a notice board ,pleasse ring it & inform the guy your there ,you'll have no worries then ...i'll try and get grid refs from gps ,if your interested! enjoy the place it's beautifull !! don't worry about the midges these things are sent to try us :p

Jun 2, 2007
sorry for not replying sooner, it's fresh water river, the grid refs -: NH31331 or BNG 13154,
it's right near fort augustus & aucheraw, it is strictly NO FISHING without permission.there is a gate to go thru, hope all this helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE