Food You Love To Have Along

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Surveyor

Sep 28, 2005
London
Caleys Marching Chocolate (milk or plain).
Has to be the best bar ever made. A few bars of that in your bag, makes for a good trip!

Jed

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
pierre girard said:
Shewie said:
What is this stuff made of, anyway?

PG
Black pudding, as made in the UK, is a blend of onions, chopped pork fat, oatmeal, and pigs blood mixed and poured into intestines before cooking in a pan of boiling water for 20 minutes to half an hour, It can be fried with bacon or cooked on it’s own. It is rich and not to everyone’s taste

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
yep ive heard of it (tang that is) and actuall have some you used to get orange or lemon in the old (tinned )ration packs . the stuff is so strong it can melt the enamel on your teath, but it dont half wake you up :D
my best outdoor food must be trout fresh, cought yourself, and cooked 10 feet from the river

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
apart from all the fresh yummies camp donuts do it for me basicaly a fried jam sandwich done in tin foil in the ashes till crispie takes a bit to get them right plenty of oil heart attack on a plate or scallop kebabs on a beach after a days diving :D :D :D

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
mine has to be beef biltong - made in a perforated MDF drying chamber, with a 60w lightbulb at the bottom to provide heat.

it can be easily rehydrated and cooked with too!

WelshTriffid

Jan 11, 2006
Wales
We don't get Tang over here but i wish we did (used to drink it by the bucket in Oman), its powdered squash similar to screach with the exception that it tastes stunning!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
No fat in jaffa cakes, just sugar, you need fat when walking, but JC's do taste nice. Mini cheddars, pack of salami slices AND jaffa cakes, now there's a hiking snack :)

Slaine

Sep 23, 2005
Canterbury
An apple (pink lady preferably), haloumi cheese, a very generous chunk of German salami sausage and some mini cheddars/tuc biccies. Quite fond of the holland & barrett trail mix as well. A hip flask of port doesn't go amiss too.... ;). If I'm cooking then a couple of tins of Irish Stew and some soda bread to mop up the gravy are the dog's danglies for me with a mug of coffee.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good tea, sweet and slightly smokey :D
Clootie dumpling slices, eaten with caerphilly or cheddar cheese, or fried with vegebangers and fresh mushrooms and ransoms.
Good black chocolate.

Well, that's what I fancy outdoors just now, I find it changes as the seasons do. I'm vegetarian, one of the very few things I missed apart from gravy were white puddings.....then I found a supplier of vegetarian skins and I make my own. Hard to beat when you're after a heart attack on a plate, chips and pudding and peas :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

D

Don'tkillbill

Lets see..

I have a really beat up coffee pot with purcolator and coffee is my first priority after my tent is set up. Be it on a the fire or my stove its number 1,

I think my favourite meal in the woods was steak, sausage , onions and potatoes.. With a little butter... That was by canoe so there was a few cans of beer. Did I mention I packed a chef, yeah I brought a buddy of mine that was a few hours short of getting his chef papers.

Pancakes are good even for supper... I once packed them and forgot to bring a flipper so I had scrambled pancakes with syrup (made from a powder)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE