defender heating

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
whats the road tax like ?

Mine's a 99 model, so normal car tax levels. Oh, and average 30mpg - a bit more on a long run at 70-80mph, and it'll run on 100% veggie oil (or about 60% oil in middle of winter) with the only sensible mod being an additional fuel filter cut into the fuel line - mine cost about a pound each! (oh, and the heater works fine, as does the air-con!)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Whats that you say Wingstoo? 70% of Landrovers ever made are still on the road?

I assume 30% have arrived then?

:D

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Whats that you say Wingstoo? 70% of Landrovers ever made are still on the road?

I assume 30% have arrived then?

:D

Not that many Red, that's why they are the best "off roaders" ever made, because they spend most of their time "off the road"

Cain't speak for the UK but over here we've had one recall for Toyota. One recall ever! It was for an accelerator.

Hmmm, you missed all the others then... dodgy speed controls, sounds pretty serious to me.

http://kansascity.injuryboard.com/a...checkered-safety-history.aspx?googleid=278022

26 recalls since 1986

Last edited:

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Wingstoo, you love them, good for you mate. I'm not knocking you for it, nor I think would anyone else. All anyone is talking about is other options that may suit them better, and the reasons why that's the case.

Regards the '70%' comment though, well, I can't let that one go, Triggers broom mate. Triggers broom.

I remember getting a 1971ish (it was a long time, over 20 years ago, so forgive my memory) landy in for an MOT. Sounds fantastic. In reality though, the only part of that truck to have seen the early 1970's was the windscreen and I think one axle, and that was the owners own words!

As for recalls mate, I remember the 2009 one for the Defender where a wrongly fitted oil seal on the transfer box could contaminate your brake linings, leaving you with no brakes. It's not exactly the only Landy recall ever, so if you're going down that road mate I don't see the point.

End of the day, it's all about enjoying what you have, and making sure it's right for you.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I love land rovers, range rovers and defenders(not the others or the sport) but they are not the best off roaders, while being a user of landies, we took three wolfs with us to Guyana, used them for a week then went an hired what every single other local was using, land cruisers, they just worked so much better, and they came with PIMP red interiors:cool: though there is NOTHING better than a winterised landy in Norway, FAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
hahahaha no its from the production line on your side of the pond, the heating in my Jeep is superb! hit around 95oC in good time, though I did drill though the base of the internal matrix a few years back(fitting a push button start, chose a bad place to attach a fuse box!!) which saw my going through a winter with defender level heating:p, but now its all fine and dandy, though as a result of the water leak i have to set the mixer manually till I can get a replacement mixing door control motor(£50)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE