Dark Age Meet 3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As much as I'd love to join in on this the wifes birthday is slap bang in the middle of that weekend.

I don't think it would be appreciated if I were to go off and leave her to celebrate it alone :rolleyes:

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Very interested. Perhaps a silly question, but how accessible is it via public transport?

As to a basic CV: archaeology graduand with experience of blacksmithing, wattle + daub and similar skills. Don't mind sharing living space with others, can sleep on a clothesline. No 'reenactment' experience as such, but I reckon I can knock together a largely accurate costume in time.

ETA: might be able to do some basic smithing demonstrations/workshops depending on what kit is available on site/I can bring with.

Last edited:

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Yyyyeeeessss! Nothing booked for that weekend. I'm in. Even the wife entered it onto the calendar.

Time to dig out the sewing machine again. Is it just me or do costumes shrink after you've worn them once. :eek::D

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
I plan yet another stew on saturday night - beef this time - can anybody do some flatbreads and maybe some vegs toi accompany - maybe bake some bread onsite?

it'll be onion free with lots of pulses & fresh herbs etc

Cheers
Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Excellent :D
Expect two then :)

On a side note, Dharma and I do the same kind of things, is there anything in particular you'd like us to bring/ demonstrate ?

cheers,
M

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
On a side note, Dharma and I do the same kind of things, is there anything in particular you'd like us to bring/ demonstrate ?

More tablet waeving pls Mary - i have had a go but could use a few pointers - I'll bring my effort with me

Cheers
Nick

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'll bring down some natually dyed wools and the like then :D

I could probably convince Denise to do felting if folks are interested ?

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE