D.I.S.C theory colours.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
DISC theory is a model for communication styles. None is better or worse , we can have one style ( rare )or a mix of two or more. I can think of certain people on the forum I would identify as having some of these colours in their personal communication style but where would you place yourself as your primary and secondary colour ??

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Interesting :)

I suspect my ex business colleagues and acquaintances would put me firmly in the red - but, in my more relaxed, retired, state I strive to be a 'lime green' :) (i.e. somewhere between the yellow and green).

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
This looks like the worst kind of 90's-style staff profiling and psychometric testing.
Long since been discredited.
I refuse to be labelled and profiled.
Next you'll be saying that the world's population can be categorised into one of 12 different categories depending on the day they were born...
Pretttttyyy sure I said.it was a theory. However I do share some of your sceptical nature.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Hehehe! What day do you want me to answer it in? I'm in the range between red and blue but all at once. Sorry to be difficult but these things try to categorise people when there's simply too many differences and subtleties with people. I mean how good is it to label people according to defined characters that we all have mixture of anyway?

Problem solver, analytical and adaptable are often parts of similar traits in that if you fit one you'll more than likely fit the others too. That puts you in three groups in its own. So I wonder what is the use of something that is likely to result in people not completely in one colour category only?

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
A little bit too much red I think (well I am a member of the Labour Party) but with a fair amount of blue as well, I am a very extrovert introvert, and really I am never one thing all of the time as it depends on circumstance, and isn't that the way with most people?

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hehehe! What day do you want me to answer it in? I'm in the range between red and blue but all at once. Sorry to be difficult but these things try to categorise people when there's simply too many differences and subtleties with people. I mean how good is it to label people according to defined characters that we all have mixture of anyway?

Problem solver, analytical and adaptable are often parts of similar traits in that if you fit one you'll more than likely fit the others too. That puts you in three groups in its own. So I wonder what is the use of something that is likely to result in people not completely in one colour category only?
Pretty sure I said it's a rare minority that occupy just one colour base. Most people have a LEAD primary colour but indeed most people have differing elements ( at least that is the belief ) . I get it that you're not buying into the theory and that's ok. However many companies and training programs of various corporate entities DO place an belief upon in and invest into understanding it further. So you're not being difficult in my opinion.you're just holding your opinion. Which maybe considered wrong.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
A little bit too much red I think (well I am a member of the Labour Party) but with a fair amount of blue as well, I am a very extrovert introvert, and really I am never one thing all of the time as it depends on circumstance, and isn't that the way with most people?
I also apparently am blue and red and would also describe myself as a potentially extroverted introvert.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE