Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Personally, I like mine with a single malt as the sun comes up...

DSCF4642copy.jpg

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
How do you drink yours?
Outdoors I mean. Real coffee stainless cafetierre ?Looking at improving the drinks I take/make when outdoors. I do like the odd fruit tea which is easy just take a t bag but I do like a nice coffee so how do you do yours? Didn't I see RM on a just chuck a load of real coffee in a billy on the Country Tracks series just can't remember how he filtered it?!?!
Ta Dave

I use a large kettle of cold water with the proper amount of coffee to cups of water ( plus 1 extra Tbls of coffee ) put it over the fire and heat Just to the boiling point only!!! Do not let it boil ever!!!!!!! then put it to the side for 5min or so, then SLOWLY pour 1/2 cold water down the spout ( this settles the grounds ) . gently pour into cups and look smug about it!:cool:

If it's just me , Swmbo doesn't like coffee ( weird ) , I use these little paper filters that you put a tblsp of coffee in insert a thin stick into the filter and pour hot water slowly through the filter ( perfection ).
Enjoy Remember never boil your coffee!!:D

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Yup, boiling your coffee will volatilise all those lovely flavour molecules and you'll lose the best part of your brew. Which is why even on instant coffee it says use freshly boiled NOT boiling water.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE