Cocoa, Tea and Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Cheers. Does it taste nice at all? Or is it like one of those herbal teas?!

(i have found that green tea tastes nice with a bit of sugar, do you reckon pine needle tea is the same?)

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tried it with sugar? Out in the Bush, Roibos is nice with sugar. that was what we drank along the kalahari.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I was in the Wolfberg cracks a few years ago. This place grew the most amount of Roibos than any other place in the world. And it was in the middle, of the middle of no-where! They also sold something called Honeybush tea. You tried that? Very sweet and very nice. Completely different from any other tea i have tasted. I haven't seen it in the UK for somereason :?: id think it would be very successful!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I'm the same as you theviking when it comes to drinks and preparing them, I nevr ever drink coffee though as I hate it.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Young Bushman said:
I'm the same as you theviking when it comes to drinks and preparing them, I nevr ever drink coffee though as I hate it.
Yeah, us youngsters don't like coffee, much better with cocoa. :pack:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
I'm a coffee addict. I always have black, triple recommended strength. Love it. Milk :roll: and sugar :nono: are a no go. I like a nip of Limoncello in it too - a bit posh I know, but since I first tasted it in Italy I've gone through gallons. Wonderful, like rum, but 30% and sweet - mmmm.
First person to make a coffee maker out of bushcraft materials gets a prize!
(er, can someone donate a prize please?)

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I find that tea tastes a bit insipid when you're out and about. I prefer cordials, hot choc or instant lemon tea mix.

The pine needle tea sounds nice too. I love retsina and wonder if it has some of that same refreshing taste to it.

Since working in France and Italy, coffee isn't coffee unless it's a proper espresso (or a cappucino at breakfast). Instant's just naff.

Limoncello is wonderful stuff, but i've never tried it in coffee. I've only ever been given it in Italy as a digestif at the end of a meal - served staight from the freezer at -20C. Same as I like my vodka and akkavit :biggthump.

The most surprising tipple I was ever offered from a hp flask was cherry brandy. One of my own favorites is calvados. Ahh...

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:lol: I have to say that the only thing that keeps me going in the mornings is the 6th form coffee machine! You'd all be disgusted! But i like it :wink: :rolmao:

I know what you mean about tea being insipid when outdoors Alick.

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I had Goldenrod (Solidago sp.) as a tea when I was out in Arizona. It is supost to grow out where I live but havent found it yet. That made a real good tea. I usually dont use sugar in my teas. Usually dont carry sugar with me. I am going to have to throw some brown sugar in with me next time.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I find tea tastes a bit harsh black...thats why i like a pnich of sugar, but not with milk and sugar either or im afraid :wink: .

Incidentally, my newest thread "Cederberg Family" the family that we stayed with in that story live near the wolfberg cracks, as featured higher in this thread, the biggest roibos growers. Coinicendence!

Jake Rollnick said:
I find tea tastes a bit harsh black...thats why i like a pnich of sugar, but not with milk and sugar either or im afraid :wink: .

Incidentally, my newest thread "Cederberg Family" the family that we stayed with in that story live near the wolfberg cracks, as featured higher in this thread, the biggest roibos growers. Coinicendence!

This may be considered"blasphemy" in the UK, but I think sweet-n-low tastes better in tea.

With a couple of squeezes of lemon.

I hope that redeamed me?? :lol:

Rod

On a new journey
Peppermint or Blackcurrant herbal teas. Or steaming hot, brown 'naafi style' tea (sludge) with sugar - good for morale

Peppermint is good for keeping your stomach settled & helps your digestion.
Blackcurrant is great in the mornings - a little sugar and it may become like hot ribena.

Found coffee can be a bit disagreeable - apologies to the 'bean-freaks' out there

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
At home it's always Glengette and a dash of milk, sugar is blasphemy if you have milk at hand! :wink: And i don't drink those posh teas like Earl grey (smells like aftershave) and lapsang souchong :rolmao:

Out and about one has fewer choices! All drunk in a swedish foldable cup, those things are awesome!

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
As i mentioned before in this thread i do not drink hot drinks,just never took to the taste of tea or coffee,as i said ive allways kind of felt like i was missing out when you tea/coffee drinkers get a brew on.Gary mentioned Mocha and Keith Beef mentioned yerba.Where do i get these from,is it just regular supermarket type stuff? Then i can join in with the get a brew on ceremony type thang.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It's like me with white wine! It makes me feel ill, sickly sweet.
There are endless amounts of types of brew clem. Try roibos with sugar, a real nice drink. You can get roibos from most supermarkets. Or just hot water, thats nice on a cold day too...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE