Cleaning pine resin of your hands???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
When I was logging we just ignored it and waited until we got home for a bath. That said I think the easiest thing you could carry out and about on a hike would be alcohol wipes (NOT the normal wet wipes that are just soapy wet wipes)

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Any oil will bind to the resin, stopping it from sticking. As other people have mentioned, you could also work in dirt/sand/soil to do the same, but you can also use oil to cook with, which is a plenty good enough reason to have some with you (if you are out for more than one day). Just work the oil into the resin, and it will stop being so sticky, and peel off easier. I suppose the same goes for dirt. Try to scrape as much resin off as you can though.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Avoid using your hands. I always carve a small scraping (like a digging stick) stick. To release the resin I just scrape it on the inside of the bag.

I choose a slightly bent stick so not to scrape my knuckles on the bark.

Works a treat.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE