Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hi R.Lewis,
If you pm me an email addy i can send you some details, but it is a small village just to the south of cambridge a little past gog maggog. Its visible on the map
The rest know the drill but could you please bring a drivers license or something with proof of ID for yourself and the lady as it is an active scout camp and we have to sign upto a declaration and have proof of who is there etc - hope thats not a problem.
There should be plenty of room for the tent - especially since it looks like most of us will be in the trees.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hi Tim

No Problem on the Chilli, I will make it nice and cool. Yep your stew and breakfast seem a good idea.

As for the ring barking. Its a well known fact and most good hammocks come with flat webbing now days to stop this. Well I know the DD's have it anyway.

I also purchased a big bow saw. Its nice to have the fold away type to stuff in your kit bag, but as with anything if you have the right tool for the right job it is easier. As I am coming in the car I thought packing light is okay, but a few larger objects i.e. large kettle, big cooking pot etc made more sense. I have also purchased a cheap hand axe from the car boot, so I may join you in a little hacking and bashing at a little bit of wood.

Anyway see you when you get there

PS I okay to help out with setting up the tarp etc

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I'm not too far away down in Hertford and, although I'm busy on Friday night, I'd be keen to meet up with some of you. Would there be any problem in turning up on Saturday afternoon?

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Thoth,
Can turn up whenever, so long as we are expecting you - many of the hammock trees might be gone by then though!

If you are coming please PM me with an email and i can send you some joining instructions.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Thoth,
Can turn up whenever, so long as we are expecting you - many of the hammock trees might be gone by then though!

If you are coming please PM me with an email and i can send you some joining instructions.

:DHi Tim reminds me of the film 'field of dreams'...."if we build it they will come" I will be looking for the baseball players to come out from the fields of corn. LOL

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Kev - for those who i have had the details from last time no more is required - appart from a sign in/pay on arival.

For people who didnt fill in forms last time and want to come please PM me and i will send you a little pack which you need to fill out and bring with you with a proof of ID - this is a site requirement, being a council run scout site.

Can we have an update with anyone not listed on the second post of this page but coming replying to it and updating with there name and requirements - will confirm rough numbers to the site after this weekend.

Thanks!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT II
PROPOSED DATE:Fri Night 28th - Sat 29th - Sun 30th MAY 2010
[/B][/SIZE]
Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Fri-Sun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
  • Badgeringtim -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Jimbob -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :confused:
  • WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Eel28 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • R.lewis -- Sat Evening-Overnight-Sun -- Tent/or Tarp :camping:
Possibly Interested:
  • WhittlerKev :rolleyes:
Cant Make It This Time:

Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at our introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of March 2010 Meet
[/QUOTE]

Added myself to list!! Change of plan for me! Missus and baby staying at home! Freedom!

LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT II
PROPOSED DATE:Fri Night 28th - Sat 29th - Sun 30th MAY 2010

Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Fri-Sun
BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
  • Badgeringtim -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Jimbob -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • R.lewis -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent/Tarp :camping:
  • taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :confused:
  • Thoth -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Eel28 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
Possibly Interested:
  • WhittlerKev :rolleyes:
Cant Make It This Time:

Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at our introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of March 2010 Meet

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
For those who have not seen it Wolfcrafter did a nice little U tube video of the site and last visit - there'll be a link to it from his blog.
I'll confirm with the site based on the numbers above - although late-commers welcome if can be accomodated.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Hi guys,

Once again I shall miss out on the chance to meet you all, as I will be working. Hope all goes well and hopfully I will make it to the woods before the end of the year!!!!

Regards

Chinook220

Cheers Chinook for letting us know! Hopfully see you next time!..

So.. What you all been up to guys (I would say '& girls'.. But there arnt any yet!).. On that note.. Has anyone seen any around on here? I've seen a few avator pics that seem to be female, but never chatted to any!.. Not that I'm fishing.. Just wondered what there views on bushcrafting are and if there's any interest!!.. Anyway, if there are any out there looking at this thread for cambs, you would be more than welcome.. It's not just a boys toys thing!

.. So not long now 'Guys'.. Any new 'Toys'? :viking:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I have a few new toys, and one or two not so new to play with over the weekend - nothing too exciting though, not gonna list them just incase i forget to pack any of them!

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hmm nothing new yet (including a distinct absence of hammock) i might actually be trying to cut down on toys i bring...
Will be playing with bow drill some more, maybe some knife and axe handling (although not ideal in the wooods) erm general whittlage for me i think!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I shall be bringing my near finished Hobo stove on its first proper outing, plus a tent i not used in ten years that i have altered purpose of slightly....

be arriving late saturday as work all day, can't get day off.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Hmm nothing new yet (including a distinct absence of hammock) i might actually be trying to cut down on toys i bring...
Will be playing with bow drill some more, maybe some knife and axe handling (although not ideal in the wooods) erm general whittlage for me i think!

Does that mean you will not be staying over night, if you do not have a hammock or will you be ground dwelling?

As for new toys, well I fashioned a little hobo stove from a wilkinsons kitchen utensil thing, a bit like you had last time Tim, out of a tin can for heating a small brew kit. A few larger items like a cool box for my grub and group chilli I will be bringing. Also a large bow saw, just to make things a little bit easyer. I like to try and keep my kit light and functional but when in a car I thought why make things difficult. Oh I also gonna bring a cheap axe that I picked up from the carboot.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Just get one. I did and I can say that you will be glad you did. Best nights sleep you can have. Although I 've not tried it in the cold season and I know there is some issue of hest loss if you do not use an under blanket when its cold. But I give them top marks

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
I have not though what i will do if i dont have a hammock by then - i could use a tent or go home like last time - no bother either way.
Yeah i am hopefull with hammocks - its just the seller i posted before isnt exactly proving easy to work with so might go for something a bit different (id quite like to se what im buying beforehand too).

Ill try and bring some spare (sharpened this time!) chissels ets if anone wants a whittle - which reminds me - if anyone comes accross relatively green wood please do bring a log im sure someone will make something of it - im still in bowl and kusca mode, but keep making kids ones as i dont often get large enough bits!
might have a 1/2 finished knife handle to be shaping too - depends on how much - or more likely little i get done in mean time

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
!WEEKEND CANCELLED!

I am sorry to say guys that there was some form of misunderstanding and these dates didnt get added to the diary for the camp site.

Im really sorry about this - we are welcome to try and re-book for another date but please dont be turning up on this weekend!

This time i will check and double check - i know its a pain and i am very disapointed, as i am sure you are (i hope no-one will be dreadfully inconvinienced) but we have found a nice site and id like to try to re-book as soon as we can.

Im not around for a few days but please spread the word.

:-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE