Bear Grylls New Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I dont like it. it looks like it was designed by a man that would use a rock as a batton and eat elaphant crap!
Oh , it was..........

Wayland

Hárbarðr
rofl.gif

Gerber.... Another manufacturer I will now avoid like the plague. A bit like Craghoppers.

Gods, I hate that pratt.

(Sorry, that should read "I hate that son of a corrupt politician.")

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Something's been bugging me about the knife and it's just clicked, it looks like something out of a 1980s Action Man box set.

I could probably use the blade but the initials on the handle spoil it for me, probably not Bears' idea but a kitsch marketing ploy.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
My right hand is just like teh old Action Mans. Ironically enough from overuse in the 1980s

Ye have the scar on the cheek, the crew cut, the navy blue pullover and de-nimes (denims for land lubbers), rubber boots folded over, knitted woolen socks to fit and several fingers missinf too...

Have you thought of auditioning for the Sailor part in Family Guy?

You can only audition for the Jolly Jack tar part if ye can say " I ate some bad sossargez Sir, so I did. Bad sossargez Sir, that's why I'm soft in the head". FNARRRR........

I'd heard that, probably just a rumour (ARRSE).

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Something's been bugging me about the knife and it's just clicked, it looks like something out of a 1980s Action Man box set.

I could probably use the blade but the initials on the handle spoil it for me, probably not Bears' idea but a kitsch marketing ploy.

Blimey, you're not wrong, he even has the same clothes...

action45.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ye have the scar on the cheek, the crew cut, the navy blue pullover and de-nimes (denims for land lubbers), rubber boots folded over, knitted woolen socks to fit and several fingers missinf too...

Have you thought of auditioning for the Sailor part in Family Guy?

You can only audition for the Jolly Jack tar part if ye can say " I ate some bad sossargez Sir, so I did. Bad sossargez Sir, that's why I'm soft in the head". FNARRRR........

I'd heard that, probably just a rumour (ARRSE).

I have the scar :lmao: Cos of that, Action Man was my nickname at school.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I have the scar :lmao: Cos of that, Action Man was my nickname at school.

I have that scar too, on the cheek below my left eye...

My fencing teacher who, upon finding out I studied an old form of Kenjutsu (a beginner with 2 lessons) extolled and illustrated the virtues of the Sabre...

Youngsters, don't know they're born these days. Coconut matting in the gym toughened us up.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I have that scar too, on the cheek below my left eye...

My fencing teacher who, upon finding out I studied an old form of Kenjutsu (a beginner with 2 lessons) extolled and illustrated the virtues of the Sabre...

Youngsters, don't know they're born these days. Coconut matting in the gym toughened us up.

It was barbed wire that got me. Being chased by a rottie whilst engaging in a spot of scrumping, ripped my cheek wide open. My mother was horrified, but the girls loved it :beerchug:

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Blimey, you're not wrong, he even has the same clothes...

action45.jpg

That's not action man....
That's the noughties recreation of the legend....

I quote from the Vintage action man site:

Vintage Action Man

It saddens me when I look at the new Action Man, with his roller blades, stupid hairdo and a muscle bound physique, he would be no match to our friend opposite. Athletic build, crew cut and vacant wild starry eyes that dart from side to side (probably due to severe combat exhaustion).

The Action Man of my day was trained to kill and more than happy to do so. Our Action Man wasn't going to get on his mountain bike and do battle with Doctor X to save the rain forrest. No, he was going to bomb Nazi staff cars and gun down civilians from his scorpion tank.

homeimage1.jpg

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
It was barbed wire that got me. Being chased by a rottie whilst engaging in a spot of scrumping, ripped my cheek wide open. My mother was horrified, but the girls loved it :beerchug:

My elder Sister advised me to take up Boxing, saying it'll help me with the girls.

"Will it?" I asked.

It's a longshot she said, but they might punch you beautiful...

Tssk! Coodny mark my face with an axe.

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I always wanted the scare but unfortunately I have a very slight hair lip, as such I will always be more bond villain than action man.... sigh

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE