Bear Grylls New Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magicman2

Jul 8, 2010
King's Lynn Norfolk
The knife however might still be worth buying whether or not you are looking to actually use it or not, how many of us when we read how much an unused Sinclair C5 has just sold for, say to ourselves, yes it was totally impractical, yes it was a piece of plastic rubbish, but I wish that I had bought one!

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
And the range available as of yesterday from HH I noticed, I look forward to the first pics of it with a featherstick, stationary batton and a prepped dinner

Dec 4, 2010
UK
I would never buy one to be fair. I dont like Gerber and I hate serrations on fixed blades. I like watching Bear, but thats as far as it goes. I wouldn't buy off on any of his crap.

And besides, it looks like something from the hardware section of Wilkinsons!

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
Am I the only person that likes this knife? Good knife, carp branding, and I am not keen on the serations. But the addition of a usable hammer butt, whistle, sharpening stone, and firesteel makes it a good multi use knife at not a bad price IMHO. For the record I usually hate 'survival knives', escpecially ones with extras stuffed in the handle etc.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I saw a detailed and decent review of the new grylls knife..apparently the blade is good..but the hammer type butt piece is crappy and fell off during batoning. I personally like the little features the sheath has but i did feel like gerber had let themselves down bit by endorsing this 'ultimate knife'. I understand it's a budget 'survival knife' but still it looks kinda cheap and grylls hasn't exactly inspired the bushcraft community so i guess its prime market is 'the others'..

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
There's obviously been a bit of thought put into the design of this knife. At least they didn't stick a compass in the end!

Looks and snobbery aside, if the steel is decent, it's a decent size of knife and having a firesteel included is useful. The pamphlet of survival instructions is a bit naff but I suppose if you did find yourself in such a situation, having something to read might calm you down and help you to think a little more clearly.

I quite like BG's programmes. Wouldn't want him round for dinner, you understand, but one must remember they are entertainment. Expecting them to be anything else is like expecting Top Gear to be a serious motoring advice programme. Seems to be too much emphasis on "what revolting thing will Bear put in his mouth next" but in a life-or-death situation you probably don't have enough time to light a fire and prepare a lovely meal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE