Are you ready?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Well yes, films will sound like this stuff, you know why....... because they are based on this stuff. :rolleyes:

You departed when you heard quantum physics? Well, yes, i expect that would be hard for you to understand

:lmao: brilliant!

It's just the end of an old callender cycle, misinterpreted by the press to make money by scaring stupid people. Oh and to make a terrible film! :)

All the myths, magic and 'conspirices' make excellent stories though.

I was actually lectured by a acid drunk hippy who said it wasn't the end but the beginning of a world where alive and dead are one.. and that we will all be enlightened to a state of mind and body beyong heaven.. and space. :rolleyes: then he mentioned quantum physics and I had to depart, for the sake of his feelings.

and the big dudes sound alot like the prometheus film I watched the other night..

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Ha-ha-ha-ha! Funniest thread I've read in years.

Seriously, do some people really believe in this stuff, or just having their own private joke about how many suckers they can con?

I'd refer youto the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Pastafarians, who at least have stumped up good cash (I think its $500,000 now) to anyone who can disprove he's the Ultimate Being! Surprisingly no takers so far................

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
You departed when you heard quantum physics? Well, yes, i expect that would be hard for you to understand

are you assuming I'm stupid? like someone talking about half a million year old aliens who raped us?.. :rolleyes:

and yes, as soon as people talk about complicated sciences that they clearly don't understand and misinterpret I just leave, it makes more sense to not listen to bullshizzle than to try and use logic to make sense of their deluded ramblings.

No offence to you though, clearly you're passionate about all this and I won't try to undermine what you believe.. so I'll just um.. depart..

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Quantum anything is hard for the scientists working on it to understand, so no, i wasn't implying or inferring anything. I though that was obvious.

You misunderstand me. Its not that i believe in it. I just like knowing as much as i can and then thinking about the possibilities. It interests me.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Wasnt it an earthquake that destroyed the library along with the lighthouse? Lots of it is now underwater anyway :)

thats myth mate it is understood by scholars that the christians were just blaimed as they were seen as an unwanted and devisive sect .

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
thats myth mate it is understood by scholars that the christians were just blaimed as they were seen as an unwanted and devisive sect .

According to this It was supposedly one of three suspects, Julius Caesar, Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria [Christian] or Caliph Omar of Damascus [Moslem]

The article does state that for whatever reason Carl Sagan chose to portray organised religion as being responsible. [Which is where I first heard it]

Accident or malicious act. :dunno:

horsevad

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2009
Denmark
In summary then :)....

Hopi Prophecy - Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World & beginning of the Fifth.
Mayans Prophecy - Call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.
Maoris Prophecy - Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.
Zulu Prophecy - Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.
Hindus Prophecy - Kali Yuga (end time of man) The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.
Incas Prophecy - Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'
Aztec Prophecy - Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.
Dogon Prophecy - Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star
Pueblo Prophecy - Acknowledge it'll be the emergence into the Fifth World.
Cherokee Prophecy - Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012 as does the Mayan calendar.
Tibetan Prophecy - Kalachakra teachings are prophesies left by Buddha predicting Coming of the Golden Age.
Egypt Prophecy - According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar) present time cycle ends in year 2012 A.D.

Seriously....?

Some of the authors of abovementioned babble really need to read this:

http://insti.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/quack.html

//Kim Horsevad

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
You misunderstand me. Its not that i believe in it. I just like knowing as much as i can and then thinking about the possibilities. It interests me.

and yet you have or certainly post no doubt at all in any of the translations/interpritations?

I find it hard to belive its anything more than a story used to try and explain mans role in this world - much like may of the religous writings people belive in today

bunching their science with their science fiction is a dangerous thing to do

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
21st December ............and you're asking if we've got food in ???? :D :D :rofl:
Every home in the country is stuffed to the gills with food at that time of year :rolleyes:
Of course we've got food in. It's the darkest, dampest bit of the year, we hold a festival of light, we eat too much, we do the whole social season awash in the major food groups of feasting, and we'll still be eating it into the New Year too.

As for the rest.....I'll wish you happy hogmanay when it comes :D there'll be no new world order before then.

Bad 'science', used to prop up dodgy reasoning, is no secure basis for belief.

As we teach the children, "Look for the agenda behind the propaganda."

M

I think there is more chance of me coming across one of these apparent big cats in the uk. than the world ending and ill have the ghost busters and will smith ready on speed dial for when these aliens make a appearance and when they fail to save the world my bug out pack and butt plug will be at hand. im a skeptic but it would really have to slap me round the face for me to belive it there is logic behind every thing although i do find peoples theory's interesting.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I wont tell you about my run in with the aliens for that would bore you.

the aliens lost, of course.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
well surely the mayan calendar ended some time last year? as they never had leap years so if you back calculate i think we missed the end of the world:lmao:

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
21st December ............and you're asking if we've got food in ???? :D :D :rofl:
Every home in the country is stuffed to the gills with food at that time of year :rolleyes:
Of course we've got food in. It's the darkest, dampest bit of the year, we hold a festival of light, we eat too much, we do the whole social season awash in the major food groups of feasting, and we'll still be eating it into the New Year too.

As for the rest.....I'll wish you happy hogmanay when it comes :D there'll be no new world order before then.

Bad 'science', used to prop up dodgy reasoning, is no secure basis for belief.

As we teach the children, "Look for the agenda behind the propaganda."

M

^+1 Well said Mary :D

well surely the mayan calendar ended some time last year? as they never had leap years so if you back calculate i think we missed the end of the world:lmao:

We missed it? Well, what do we do now?

I stumbled upon Sky channel 200 "Controversial tv" recently. Some of the topics discussed are interesting and can certainly be described as "alternative", but IMHO most of the contributors on there buy their cheese from the moon.

Liam

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
21st December ....
M

Oh gods no...if I'm the last survivor does that mean I get a diet of endless dry B. Matthews "mystery meat" (warning contains no Turkey), Lidl faux Baileys and Aldi "After Seven" chocolate mint fondants that are tooth itchingly sweet?

Every store I break into will be playing "So here it is Merry Xmas" on endless loop as I tour the deserted aisles......except Tesco who will alreayt have the freaking Easter Eggs in?

I'm going to check if its really the end of the world on the 21st. If bloody DFS have a sale on I'll know everything is normal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE