Are you a sexist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
@ Durulz.... as you say, " it's easier to apologise than get permission"

pity you can't see a bit of tongue in cheek humour when it's laid out in front of you mate......lighten up and enjoy :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I got told once that being married was like a christmas panto. You get all excited and dressed up to get to the panto, then you meet your princess the woman of your dreams. Then once the plot thickens and you come to your senses you find she has got hundreds of ugly sisters and pals and the X mother in law is a real witch...

Getting married is like eating at a restaurant. You order what you think you want; then you want what the chap at the next table got.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As far as holding the door open, whenever a woman objects I just apologize and explain that to her saying, "I'm sorry. I was always taught to hold the door for a lady and I mistook you for one."

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good bye.

Is this your dummy?

rossbrawnclassy.jpg

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Its our fault, we gave the little darlings the vote, things have gone down the pan since, now you've your got short haired, pot belly, fag rolling, boilersuit wearing, tattooed, studded, vegan types of dubious orientation laying down the rules. We bought it on ourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

The last Japanese soldier that hid out in the Philippines (I cain't remember his name) before finally surrendering in the 1970s had a comment about this. When asked what he thought of how women had had grown stronger over the preceding 30 years, he replied, "Women haven't grown stronger, men have grown weaker."

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Looks like some people must save a fortune on christmas cards. Lighthouse keepers must have a humour by pass, you would think they would lighten up a bit.

phil

Last edited:
May 18, 2011
Scotland
Provided i'm in a good mood( which isn't very often) I'll hold a door for anyone as long as you are within 5 metres of the door otherwise you can get to..............

Goerge Carlin is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I do think that even light hearted some of the generalisations in this thread are a bit over the top and it's a hard one to judge on let it stay or close it just due to the subject, when it comes to condescension I think you win the prize Durulz, you're probably more offensive than any of the light hearted comments on here. Always easy to jump in a have a quick slap about you, harder to help guide people and help them.

Me personally, I think that i'm surrounded by people that have no issues at all with me opening doors for them, etc etc, I do it for anyone that comes behind me or coming towards me on the other side.

I think what we're talking about is that when our efforts to be polite are unappreciated it's usually at the end of a cutting retort or the like. I think that we should be polite and not worry at all about the few times it seems to go down the wrong way, most people really do appreciate it and I think there's few people that only open doors for females rather than everyone that's around them. IF we open the door, move out of peoples way etc etc all's good, there's more smiles and more gratitude and peoples spirits are lifted, those that would like to take offence that someone has opened a door foo them, well, let them get on with it.

please don't let the thread stray, or we will close it. It would be interesting to have some female input to this, any thoughts ladies?

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
If you really want to impress a lady make her think you're a Jedi master by waving your hand in a sweeping motion at the automatic doors in supermarkets.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As far as holding the door open, whenever a woman objects I just apologize and explain that to her saying, "I'm sorry. I was always taught to hold the door for a lady and I mistook you for one."

Good come back, I'll have to remember that one too. Reminds me of a joke I read in one of those FW emails. A cop pulls over a speeding woman motorist in the US, she's as guilty as anything but turns on the old charm hoping to get off. So she said to the copper with batting eyelids. "I thought in this state you don't give tickets to pretty ladies?". the copper replied. "That's right ma'am, we do... sign here please."

I spilt my cornflakes reading that.

Eric I like that idea of the hand kissing thing. France has a similar system but a peck on the cheek not the hand. but I can see me making a lot of women melt if I tried that method. Show a leg, bow with a hand flourish and kiss their hand. Gotta be a winner that. Treat 'em like a lady and making them feel like a lady has got to be a good thing surely? It's basic respect.

Good reply Tony. Given the subject heading I can understand your concern. Thanks for not closing it just yet.

Durulz, thanks for the compliment about Bushcraft Betty... ummm it was a compliment wasn't it?

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
If you really want to impress a lady make her think you're a Jedi master by waving your hand in a sweeping motion at the automatic doors in supermarkets.

lol i do that on reflex most of the time anyway....

but shameless gent here, hammered into me by my grandfathers, Mrs 3bears can find it annoying sometimes though she says ....

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
.....She's right.:p

lol when I think about it, it's normally when I'm carrying a bag or something for her that contains something she wants, no NEEDS instantly and because I don't know where said item is, and cant have it instantly to hand she can get a bit in a flap, and annoyed....oh well small thing really lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE