Anti Midge - All Natural Skin Protection Patches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Toddy and spouse had no bites, I'm wondering if we can collate the results, will print of all comments and collate along these ways.
Predilection to biting
Weight.
How patch was worn.
Adverse reaction.
Smoker
If those who have tried can post how they've felt they've done and any other ideas I would be grateful, also any any other things that may have affected results.
I'll compile,or better still if someone knows how to do one of those poll things we see on some threads I'll start one. After the results are in I'll contact the manufacturers and give them the results.

That is a very good idea. I'll let you know how they work for me and my son.

I'm sorry if some feel that they've wasted their cash... I'm afraid I'm not in a position fiscally to reimburse you, though if there's anything I can do to help I'd be most grateful to hear.
I posted the review as I was astounded how good they were for me, maybe should've waited until the jury was back in again. Will try to rectify.
Sorry folks,
Goatboy.

There is no way that you should feel guilty about this. You let us know how they worked for you. Any purchase decisions made after that were our own.

I'm happy to try these.

Thanks for letting me know about the patches.

Cheers!

Huon

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Both myself and HWMBLT put one on (inner arm) and he went for a hillwalk and I went for a foraging walk down midgie and cleg central aka the burn.

Hey Toddy, been on their home site and they say "don't place on your inner arm" maybe to sensitive???
Still hiding due to bad press... Sorry.
Goatboy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe, maybe.....it's still marked but it is healing up.
And I got eaten by the midgies tonight clearing the pond :sigh:

Where do they recommend then ? My skin's kind of like soft all over :eek:
Wish it hadn't blistered me, I thought the no midge effect was wonderful :)

Hear ! Don't you bother hiding away ! :eek:
Yes you started the idea, but we all tried it for ourselves knowing it might or might not work, that's personal choice and not your fault.
HWMBLT is happy enough with the result :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It was blowing like a good 'un this morning when I went out with the boat so I didn't bother sticking one on. The midges down here aren't as hardcore as the ones you get up there so they don't come out to play if there's any wind.

It looks like I'll be packing them for the France trip at the weekend now but I'll let you know how we get on with them.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
going to be this coming weekend when i get to test mine, got my 20 pack all ready, i reckon 10 on my arms and 5 on each butt cheek should keep the blighters away! ;)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Found some interesting info on both types of patches we tried out last week. The DBMP ones only have 10mg of B1 in them where the Highland Midge ones have 75mg. For those of you that found they worked for you, you may consider the HMP over the DBMP

Highland Midge Patch
Don't Bite me Patch

We did notice a difference in B1 scent when wearing both types of patch, the HMP made us smell much more of B1, and even with the 3 DBMP on, we barely noticed anything. I'd be inclined to retest the HMP, perhaps with two on, as when they were both tested, the midges were just plain evil. EVIL I SAY.

Edit: Didn't notice any skin reaction with the HMP, all 3 DBMP had some degree of reaction though...

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
interesting... what kind of smell does B1 give off then? is it unpleasant?
i'll see what i get from the dbmp's.

shewie: are you implying my **** looks like sasquatche's? :p

edit: i've just ordered the highland ones, they say these are the yank made ones prolly why there's more b1 in em. i'll give these a try also and see what kind of results i get.
the kids have got bad skin so i want to cover all my bases as thats two people who've listed reactions with dbmp

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Having bought a pack of the DBMP and used a couple over the weekend, I have to say that I am impressed with them. The only problem that I've found is the the smell...but its not that unpleasant and is a small price to pay for relief from the biting hordes of midge. Only used them in the garden and about the hacienda so far, so can't confirm that they'll be effective against full-blown West coast midge/blackfly/cleg/tick assault, but early indications look hopeful. No skin sensitivity issues so far, neither! ;)

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Well I have this great little woodland area, that I have been lucky enough,given permission to camp,fires etc,but the one drawback is the mozzies!!!! So I have brought a 10 pack to give them a go! Will be trying them out in a couple of weekens time!!!! Hope they work,cos last time I went,I got bitten to Bu**ery!!!!!!:lmao:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
They reviewed all types of repellant in the paper this week.

Jungle Formula came out tops and these stick-on patches received a healthy 0 out of 5 because they said there is no scientific data that backs up the claim that B1 puts off midges/mozzies.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Jungle formula makes me feel horrible :sigh:
These patches worked, it's my skin that's too sensitive. I'm really, really tempted to try again, maybe on the back of my hand or on my forearm, the only bits that are really showing any sign of Suntan. Should be kind of tougher there.....maybe ??

Just bought some of the new Autan stuff to try.
We'll see.

cheers,
Toddy

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Well I tried them in my little camping spot in the woods in kent,I followed the instructions,and guess what,I got bitten,before I had even time to put a brew on!
But saying that, I was in a T-shirt for most of the evening,and I only got bitten the once!
Would I use them again? Yes, I think I would of got bitten a lot more had I not had it on!

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi, I went out to the same site,this weekend gone and had 2 of the patches on,and got bitten at the last count over 15 times!!! The patches don't work for me!!!!:(

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Could these varied results be due to different things biting different people?
Mozzies, midges, gnats, clegs, mites etc.. ?
Maybe the products only affect certain biting insects.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Hi,

They haven't worked too well for my son or I so far. I'll give them another shot but I'll make sure I have something else as backup.

Cheers,

Huon

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I used some Jungle Formula in the lakes in June. I did as Wayland does and put a few drops round the rim of my hat. Don't know what is in it but it discoloured my hat and ever since water comes through in the places where I used it. Didn't do too much for the midges either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE