Anti Midge - All Natural Skin Protection Patches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah :D Well, at least it was done with the best of intentions.

Tell you though, if they do work.........who's for finding the importer and sorting out a group buy ?

cheers,
'Toddy

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
We just ordered a 10 pack today, hopefully be here tomorrow! Really hope they work as last night while trying to fish on the Loch side, I had to wear a long sleeved thick top, tuck my trousers into my socks, coat my arms with Avon-Skin-So-Soft and wear a old army headover so I looked like a green ninja.. they didn't get me much, only about 30 bites on my arms where they flew up and got uncoated bits lol and flew around my head like a plague of well flesh eating monsters.

So Goatboy.. is this part of your secret public trials for work? :D Get us poor unsuspecting mortals to try it out and report back, giving you more feedback? lol If it is, well done darn clever of you.. :D :D

Here's hoping they do work as I'm thinking about ordering some anti aircraft guns to take care of the wee blighters...

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
So what is wrong about just taking Thiamine vitamin supplement as tablets. It will be excreted the same way.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
So what is wrong about just taking Thiamine vitamin supplement as tablets. It will be excreted the same way.

you can get them from holland and barret, vitamin B1 I tried this last year but not sure how well it worked, plus i think you need to start takeing them a few days before you go out and i forget to take such things.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
here in lies a problem to me, borther of the wookie, and relation to the sashquat.

ill place an order and hope they arrive before this weekend to add to my kit bag.

stoo.

just shave a patch of skin with your razor sharp mora and apply ;) its what i'll have to do :D

smoggy

Forager
Mar 24, 2009
North East England
I'm fairly lucky in that I don't suffer as much as other from bitting things.....the wife does, I think she probably washes too much! But I deffinately get even less bites when she is with me....LOL

There are however times when even I get "attacked" in heavily insect populated areas and have always found the proprietary lotions and sprays work well, however they don't for the wife, so thanks for the heads up, deffo worth a try, and I fully understadn that what works for some may not work for others......however it is safe for children which is a bonus!

Also, tis good to meat a salesman with honest ethics:)

Smoggy.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
OK I'm now feeling the pressure!!!
Had a wee chat with Toddy and said that I'd found the UK manufacturer, based in Ayrshire. And that if they seemed to work for others that a group buy might be a good idea.
On the supplement front, as has been said you need to take them for a while before your body has enough before transuding the the excess through your pores and urine ( can change to colour of your pee you know). Dermal patches are being used more medically due to their quick uptake rate, hence the two hour grace period before facing the vampire hoard.
I've deliberately not said which retailer I work for as I'd hate anyone to think I was trying to increase sales ( I even talked to a MOD, Toddy about it as I was worried that it might be construed that way, we don't even sell them yet). We do sell Avon Skin So Soft, but never advertise it as a midge repellent as that would be legally incorrect. It's just there if you want to buy it.
Just wanted to pass on the good results I'd had with it, in the hope that it might be of use to others. I really hope it does, as since leaving forestry I seem to have lost the resistance I'd built up to the blighter's.
I would love to hear from others as to how it works as I've already said to my head office that I'd had good results and they'll be tested by me again this week.
I know some of you are teasing me as to my intentions, but they are honorable.
Cheers
Goatboy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
OK I'm now feeling the pressure!!!
Had a wee chat with Toddy and said that I'd found the UK manufacturer, based in Ayrshire. And that if they seemed to work for others that a group buy might be a good idea.
On the supplement front, as has been said you need to take them for a while before your body has enough before transuding the the excess through your pores and urine ( can change to colour of your pee you know). Dermal patches are being used more medically due to their quick uptake rate, hence the two hour grace period before facing the vampire hoard.
I've deliberately not said which retailer I work for as I'd hate anyone to think I was trying to increase sales ( I even talked to a MOD, Toddy about it as I was worried that it might be construed that way, we don't even sell them yet). We do sell Avon Skin So Soft, but never advertise it as a midge repellent as that would be legally incorrect. It's just there if you want to buy it.
Just wanted to pass on the good results I'd had with it, in the hope that it might be of use to others. I really hope it does, as since leaving forestry I seem to have lost the resistance I'd built up to the blighter's.
I would love to hear from others as to how it works as I've already said to my head office that I'd had good results and they'll be tested by me again this week.
I know some of you are teasing me as to my intentions, but they are honorable.
Cheers
Goatboy.

No pressure mate

The more folk who get to try it the better I reckon, then we'll get to find out how good it really is.

I'll be up for a GB if they work for me this weekend.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
No pressure mate

The more folk who get to try it the better I reckon, then we'll get to find out how good it really is.

I'll be up for a GB if they work for me this weekend.

Cheers Shewie, was getting worried there. :yikes:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Goatboy - chill :)

Cheers AJB, I am chilled, just don't want folk to think I'm trying to make a buck out've them, to many excellent folk here for that.

Off for a wee dram and a good nights sleep.

Only one more sleep till I can head out for a camp and a fire again :D

Thanks
GB.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey Toddy,
If your patches don't arrive in time for the Crannog I'll bring up what I have left and we can do a "group" test.
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE