A kukhri rehandle...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
P1080359.jpg

Just a nice piece of Elm, darkened with a long soak in Danish Oil.
Nothing fancy but does what it needs to. A bit more comfy than the original handle that was there!

P1080360.jpg

P1080361.jpg

P1080362.jpg

Impressive hollow face!

P1080364.jpg

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Cheers guys.

Res - I know what you mean. This is the second kuk I've done for people with a third just come in. With a nontraditional handle I find them much more appealing for use. This one is comfy but the original with the big ridge wasn't.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Lovely work Stew.
I like Elm for handles ; always looks good and has a nice weight to it.
The Kuk looks more balanced now.Ready for the zombie invasion. :yikes:
Cheers , Simon

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Cheers guys.

Res - I know what you mean. This is the second kuk I've done for people with a third just come in. With a nontraditional handle I find them much more appealing for use. This one is comfy but the original with the big ridge wasn't.

I hope you don't mind me butting in here....

Are you talking about the annular ridge between the two opposing tapered sections of the original handle?

I did a write up on a Kukri given to me by RCS over on British Blades - (http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38423&highlight=kukri)
After getting used to the original handle, I couldn't see much point in replacing it, as I can't see any significant benefit over the original - though if you can offer any insight into something I have overlooked, I might be changing my mind. Always searching for a deeper understanding.

I will be looking to re-cover the original sheath but all in good time!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Stew

Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yep, the ring. For me, I just find them uncomfortable, a view shared by a few others as I've had a few commissions. :D

I'll read your review later on. Don't think I've seen it before. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE