12 ~ 16 November 2015 ~ Rough Close ~ Autumn TORM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
And don't worry, we'll save some jokes up for you :evilangel: :lmao:

What, like jokes about refractory Swedish torches? ;)

Rob may be able to work a workaround around work but we can keep a close eye on his share of the marshmallows and chocy one sides for now. Wow, that sentence was dizzlingly schmore effort than it was worth!

Last edited:

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I will be there Friday till Sunday ,hopefully crow man and welchy will be able to make it. Last year my car let us down and we missed it .eny way it's a great feeling at your meets and I am looking forward to it. :)

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
02. TinkyPete (TBC) but I will be a civie then
03. Rob et al - there in spirit but not in parsonage :angel:
04. Bilmo (TBC - hopefully)
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man TBC
08. Lizz
09. EarthToSimon +2 (Weekend only)
10.Wayland.
11. Mesquite
12. Dave Budd
13.Roy Budd (my old man can't keep away!)
14.Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
17.lupin rider - John
18.jolybob jolyon
19. Red Fox
20. Welchyd1
21. Crow Man?

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Ooooh yes please to a chair - that'd be lovely! I'll have done my assignment by then so I will be all happy and chilled... I'll bring my knitting.

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday barring anything silly happening between now and then. Ooh la la la. Bushcraft, ooh la la la. Now where did I put the winter sleeping bag? I went camping three weeks ago and it was chilly and very VERY muddy.... So I probably hung it up somewhere ....

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
I am really looking forward to this camp ,the last time I was there it was a fantastic camp . I can't wait to get to the market as well because I have heard that there is a lot of nice cloth for sale and I like older style equipment:)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Should be a fair amount of fabric and leathers to peruse ;) . Lots of nice stuff to tempt you and lots of inspiration for makeers too :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bringing the list back to the top of the thread ...

Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet ... and include this line in the paste.

01. decorum
03. Rob et al - (May have found a work around ... TBC) :angel:
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man
08. Lizz
10. Wayland.
11. Mesquite
12. Dave Budd
13. Roy Budd (my old man can't keep away!)
14. Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
17. lupin rider - John
18. jolybob jolyon
19. Red Fox
20. Welchyd1
21. Crow Man?

Last edited:

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hey folks, be kind to a newbie and answer some daft-ish questions- is the TORM near by or will I need to cadge a lift - I've looked on the map but I can't actually read the font on the TORM website! Also, Will traders at TORM take cash or the other bits of paper called cheques or even cards? (I'm assuming not biscuits or cake for barter). And, broadly speaking what period do the traders cover? I'm into the paleo, meso and Neolithic stuff and oh well a bit of a bronze and Iron age if I must! But I'm imagining it might be a mixture of materials on sale type stalls and then period specific stalls, and artefacts made from a specific type of material stalls? About right? Anyway, looking forwards to seeing everyone next week. Roll on camping and other stuff! Oh, and I've finished my assignment so I'm totally cheerful.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
You will need to grab a lift but that is usually quite easy.

Stall holders generally cover periods from Plato to NATO but not in any formal manner. As you suppose, there are material sellers, leather, cloth, skins, cordage and other more unusual stuff too. There are potters that cover very wide periods, possibly pre Classical these days, ("Stone Age" has been added to the school curriculum now so things are opening up a bit there now.)

Costumers tend to mainly supply post medieval, cordwainers mostly post civil war. Hardware suppliers, armourers and cutlers run from Classical to modern. There is also some fantasy stuff on sale for live role players and the like.

There are usually some book sellers there and food and drink for sale too. That's about all I can remember at the moment but the stall holders vary from year to year so there is often something new that I have not seen before.

Most stall holders can accept cards but some cannot, cheques may be a matter of personal choice these days but I've never seen cash refused.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
We usually try to avoid mentioning falling wet stuff for fear of invoking 'The Curse of Twang Twang'*' BUT ...

... BUT ... it might be considered wise to keep an eye on forecasts for the Meet's local area and also to bring clothing approriate to potential conditions ;)

Whatever the conditions over the Meet the ground might already be more than mildy moist ...

* Anyone wanting an explanation should mention it at the Meet ... suffice to say we try to avoid the 'R' word! :D (In case of doubt, because he'll probably jump in and use it, we'll place the blame on MNH :p )

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
A quick reminder ...

I'm in and away on foot for this Meet. Because of this the 'chute we use for the communal shelter will be dropped off after dark on the Thursday and pitched on the Friday. In the interim period Mesquite/Steve has kindly offered up his large tarp for use overnight.

Because I'm travelling home on foot the 'chute will come down during the daylight on the Sunday ~ we're rufty-tufty bushybods, I'm sure we can cope ;) :D

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bringing the list back to the top of the thread ...

Meet List:

01. decorum
03. Rob et al - (May have found a work around ... TBC) :angel:
05. Neil and Clare
06. Midnitehound
07. Hammock_Man
08. Lizz
10. Wayland.
11. Mesquite (Thursday - Sunday)
12. Dave Budd
13. Roy Budd (my old man can't keep away!)
14. Drew66 + 1 Guest TBC
15. Mark Trader TBC
16. Stonehippo
17. lupin rider - John
18. jolybob jolyon
19. Red Fox
20. Welchyd1
21. Crow Man?

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Right then, the whole trailer of wood thing didn't pan out due to weight restrictions on the towing vehicle so I've gone and sourced enough for us elsewhere. I've had to clear and load the LWB van in order to transport it. This now means I can't travel light and bring my car :( but does mean we'll have plenty of wood for the communal fire. I'll arrange a barrow and we can take turns running it across. A fire tray is sorted.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE