Google GLASS.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Can any Geeky types tell me if there is currently any alternatives to Google Glass? I'm aware of the Go Pro but I'm wondering if there is another wearable POV recordable gadget out there?

Comments on Glass also appreciated.

Fluffydave

Jan 29, 2014
Croydon, Uk
It's still a bit immature as tech goes so there's not a lot of usage yet and there's not a lot of competition either. I think Sony have literally just unveiled a prototype (http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/19/sony-smarteyeglass-prototype/) but it's a long way from sale.

In regards to Google Glass in general, I was really excited about the concept but I'm not sure how much I'd get out of it beyond what normal smart phone usage already provides. There were some good articles on the beeb by their tech-ed on glass that's worth a read: Google Glass - a fascinating failure? and Taking Google Glass for a run.

but if you're just after PoV filming then the GoPro seems to have the market sewn up nicely.

Hope this helps.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I got the chance to play with a Google Glass at work.

Battery life is short

Physical interface/control is clever but actually a bit of a pain to use.

The image/picture is amazingly clear and bright.

I can't think of a real use for one yet. The only 'real' use I've heard for them is for a Head up Display for people such as glider/paraglider pilots, racing cycle teams (so team leader to send info), etc.

If you want to film stuff, the google glass isn't the thing.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It's still a bit immature as tech goes so there's not a lot of usage yet and there's not a lot of competition either. I think Sony have literally just unveiled a prototype (http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/19/sony-smarteyeglass-prototype/) but it's a long way from sale.

In regards to Google Glass in general, I was really excited about the concept but I'm not sure how much I'd get out of it beyond what normal smart phone usage already provides. There were some good articles on the beeb by their tech-ed on glass that's worth a read: Google Glass - a fascinating failure? and Taking Google Glass for a run.

but if you're just after PoV filming then the GoPro seems to have the market sewn up nicely.

Hope this helps.

Cheers , not for me but a friend. Thanks for the advice , it would be excellent for POV tutorial production i think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE