Cleaning pine resin of your hands???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VFR800Essex

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2012
Essex UK
Collected some resin today and tried to clean my hands with handy Wet Wipes...nothing!!

Didnt really shift the stuff.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any wipes that would shift the stuff whilst still out in the field?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Meths is what I use at work to remove sap from resinous wood.

Some meths/alcohol on a baby wipe works well in the field.

Strangley, mayonaisse is supposed to work well too.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Fairy liquid and sugar seconded. Meths petrol or any other flamable liquid is just daft!

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
sand mixed with a bit of fine charcoal if you got any and fairy liquid or soap, also if you don't have toothpaste you can clean your teeth with fine charcoal, really clean and white teeth, hope that helps, the interceptor boy.

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Alcohol gel isn't flammable in your 'non daft' world then? :confused:

I'll remember how daft it is next time I'm stupid enough to use the alcohol gel in hospital :rolleyes:

Alcohol gel is designed for hand sanitizing methalated spirit isn't! its really up to you what you use.

Last edited:

jorn

Forager
Aug 26, 2011
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
olive oil works great too and isn't as ruff on your hands as some remedies suggested. i'm a tree surgeon/arboricultural advisor so i've had my fair share of pine resin stained hands and arms for that matter..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE