Woodland Farm Campsite (Kent)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
As part of our annual holiday we always visit family in Kent. In recent years the men folk have taken the kids camping, leaving the wifes to relax in peace and abuse the credit cards to their hearts content:yikes:

This year we visited Woodland Farm Campsite, near Barham, Canterbury.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=7785

This is our second visit, last time was two years ago and we camped on the small field. (Space for about 6 tents with plenty of room between)

This year, on arrival we noticed that if we camped on the small camping field we would have to split the two families. I suggested a look into the coppiced woodland for a spot, and so it was that I introduced my brother in law and his two kids to bushcraft style camping:cool:

I am really impressed with this site and after talking with the owner, and getting her permission, I would like to share it with you guys!

• The site is small, with limited numbers of pitches, but with a very clean toilet / shower block.
  • Even better, from a bushy point of view is the un tapped woodland, which has in the past been coppiced, but now has been left to go wild. If you move beyond the camping field, there are a few clearings in the woods, which are suitable for tents or basha's. Hammocking spots are plentiful, with loads of trees at just the right distance to support a hammock:D
  • Fires are allowed in washing machine drums, which are provided - and as it turns out they are rather good for cooking over too as they have a lip to support you pots.
  • Firewood can be purchased from the site owner for a small fee (£10 for 3 large net bags, or you can pick it up off the woodland floor.

The only downside is that some folk with no idea have cut up bits of the trees, and left some of them in a state. I tried to cut back the damaged limbs around our camp and it looked much better for it.

I'll try to get some pictures up later....

Simon

Last edited:

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
Thanks for posting this SimonM, i live about 20 miles to the north on the coast and never knew this place existed, seems to me to be idealy placed for a quick weekend get away for the dog and me, just goes to show, you can live all your life in a place and not know whats around the corner.
Looking forward to seeing your photos.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
As promised, some photos of the site...

Our pitch (tent for the kids this time & hammock for me)...
100_1398.jpg

...and from the other side...
100_1102.jpg

The washing machine drum fire pit...
100_1111.jpg

...and the obligatory breakfast shot...
100_1297.jpg

Finally, I should have said that the kids really enjoyed the site too, especially the rope swing:cool:

Simon

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Might have to try there. Next time youre in Kent give forgewood camping (near tunbridge wells) a try, theyve got 2 camping fields and well over 100 acres of woodland to camp in, fires are allowed between 7pm and 10am (because of moaning neighbours).
No relation to the owners, just a very satisfied customer. Been going there for a couple of years and always found staff friendly and helpful and I love the freedom of that amount of sp[ace and woodland.

Great pictures and love the washing machine drum fire pit. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE