Wild Things

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Had two bucks jump in front of the car on the way to work tonight. Happens every autumn when they go in rut. A cross fox "raced me for a ways. They run in front of the car until you get too close - then zip off to the shoulder and out of the way. It is something to see a cross fox. They are not that common.

As I went out to the car, I heard a bull moose across the road. Sounds like he's in rut too. It is an unforgetable sound - like a cow on steroids.

Yesterday, while sitting in the living room at home, I heard a loon out on the lake. Very odd to hear with all the windows closed. I went out on the deck and decided it must be someone making loon calls with a mechanical device as it was so loud. Going out on the dock, I could see it was, in fact, a loon. Bald eagles were dive-bombing him and he was mighty agitated. Incredible sounds. Never heard so many calls - and so loud - from one loon before.

Deer and wolves are common this year. Moose population must be down. I've only seen one this autumn. Fox are up - which means grouse are down. Bear seem to be up. In a recent trip to the Pas (Manitoba), we saw fewer ducks than normal, and I only took two grouse.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sounds lovely, i did have to look up cross fox and loon :eek:
There are a few place names and pubs called "The cross fox" i wonder if we used to have them here before we wiped everything out with teeth bigger than ours ? Lovely animal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE