Wild Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 18, 2008
Croydon
Hi mates,

For a long time I haven't done wildcamping, and NEVER in UK (I used to do it in my own village in northern Spain).

In Spain the situation is a bit complex. It depends on the area, if there are hunters (wow, escape from them!!), if there is threatened wild life, so on... Usually the best idea is to know the area, and even contact the wardens/ranger/"guardia civil", and let them now that "maybe" you won't have time to come back before the dark, but... your intentions are clear and "clean"... They won't care what you do if you don't harm the nature.

Here in England I found that there are a lot of forest patches everywhere, but I am still trying to find a nice trail we can do in a whole weekend, without using much "civilised land"

Having in mind that we live in Croydon, that is a hard task!!

(Any idea about a nice forest in the North Downs close to Croydon/Reigate/Tonbridge/...?

Cheers

Jorge

P.S. Apart from all the recommendations, I had one of ours: keep quite. Speak in very low voice with your companion. Mimetize with the woods... You will enjoy it several orders of magnitude more :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE