Wild camping returns to Dartmoor

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
That’s great for those who respect the countryside ie clear up after them. I bet because its on the news that other type will be back !

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Let's hope not eh? If the weather stays crap it should keep them away for a bit!

Sent from underground

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Mods - Didn’t see this post. Happy to merge.
Pat.

I shall certainly clear up after idiots as far as I can and as long as it’s safe if it keeps the moors open.
I didn't see yours either, please merge whichever way you want!

Sent from underground

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yay!
"Common" sense, and the common man (and woman) wins!
I'm very very happy about this as our freedoms are slowly being erroded by those who think they know better, and are realy only interested in feathering their own pockets any way they can.
I'll stop here, before my views become political.! But I did do a little dance of joy.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Unfortunately common sense isn't that common, but I remain hopeful that the general public don't balls it up for us.

Sent from underground

Reactions: Brizzlebush

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
There's a place I sometimes go to, have gone to for over 40 years on and off.
It's generally kept pretty tidy although there's almost always a fire hearth and coresponding fire scar. Its really not the end of the world and within a couple of hundred yards there's the scar from where lead was smelted 80 or more years ago.
Sometimes I have a bit of a clear up when I go so on balance the place is tidier for me going there.
I could draw attention to it having a few beer bottles and a disposable BBQ left there by others every once in a while or I can STFU and take their bit of mess away with me when I go.
Which option do you reckon is more likely to lessen trouble there and which is the way to get more camping bans?

Reactions: Ozmundo and gg012

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
That’s great news on the appeal and we’ll dine to the legal team.
Is there nothing in Parlimentary rules about proposed Bills, specificing circumventing existing regulation?
So how does one submit a compliant about an MP* misleading parliament?

*this is a place holder for another word I’d rather use.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I believe Kerr Rawden is contacting the local opposition parties and looking at whether there was a retraction. Another complaint submission can’t hurt however.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE