Whos NOT going to the moot?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
i'm not going. however me and Seraph spent three days at the Big Tent stewardship festival last weekend which was a lot, a lot of fun. Its based in an incredibly beautiful and biodiverse place and is all about the environment, traditional crafts and traditional music.

I'd recommend it to anyone who visits this forum.

That the one in falkland palace ? any pics ?

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
No Moot for me this year not been keeping to great look forward to next years though and I look forward to hearing all the news from this years moot

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Mostly over the weird little bug I've had the last few days so Loch Fyne is back on the cards for the weekend with a couple of pals and one of the younger generation.

The other option is borrowing Kev's gsxr-thou for a couple of days and doing unspeakable things on quaint little back roads:eek:, hammock in the tank bag and pub grub to save carrying extra weight.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Im off to cornwall in the old camper van so I'm missing it too.
I just hope the weather is fine for us all.:)

Bodge

Sorry Bodge the weather down here is awful at the moment, going somewhere nice or touring.:sadwavey: I too am missing the moot although my reason is financial.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Well, I pondered it a bit, but half a continent and an ocean away was just a tick too far to go. Plus the travel costs would be a major percentage of my annual income. So I shall not be attending.

I'll just have to walk the 100 yards down to the cold water trout stream and dangle my toes in the water to ... console myself.

Have fun, and don't forget to learn from all the little failures in the classes. They're the most fun and educational.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Perhaps we should bring the moot out to you, the weather here is throwing it down.:yikes:

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I don't do moots either, it sort of defeats the object of being out in the 'quiet' outdoors for me.

Yeah I can understand that - often thought it myself, but hey any excuse for a party and to pick someone's brains :) (not literally cos that would take the hunter-gathering thing too far - "i noticed that guy in the Hennesy Hammock looked like he had a tasty frontal lobe")

ahem.... anyway.... coffee....

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Dont do moots - so no, not for me - too many people for this ole country bloke.

Now the Mors course (number 2) has less people sooo Im going to be brave given the chance to learn from Mors. Still a large group for me in the woods but..........

Red

I'm not overly keen on crowds either Red (says he who is organising his 3rd meet :D) but I believe in doing things that scare you on a regular basis as that's how people grow into themselves better.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Trust me - I'll be in the woods with Bernie & probably Shep amongst others - thats scary enough :)

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
I'm not going either :sigh: There's a family wedding that I'm expected to attend, only found out about it a few weeks ago. I'm gutted, it's down west wales and there's no way I can get out of it.

Still, God willing there's always next year.:)

regards

beach bum

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I won't be there either :( - never mind, as they say there is always next year.....

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
I'm not going either:cussing: but i will be there in spirit (probably scotch) haha.

I hope everyone has a real good time and hopefully i will be there next year. Enjoy !!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Me neither, I am taking my son to Cambridge on Saturday, then dropping him at the coach for smmer camp. Then I shall return home to collect SHMBO and head to Cromer for a few days.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Perhaps we should bring the moot out to you, the weather here is throwing it down.:yikes:

Bring it over here because of the weather? Hmmm ... interesting thought.

But right now we are having "typical" weather. Highs are in the upper 80's to low 90's (Farenheit), with thunderstorms moving through every other day or so. So high temps with matching high humidity. And it only cools off a bit after the storms pass through. Once the clouds clear that temps shoot up and draw all that extra moisture up into the air with it.

And add to that all the skeeters that are now exploding through the area because of those past heavy rains. Along with them, we are now also starting to get more and more reported cases of West Nile Virus - which expanded into the upper midwest area a few years ago.

So come on over, and bring the moot. Life's just peachy-keen right now!

I only wish some of the "weight loss" I've been experiencing while working at the hot forge would be more ... permanent ... instead of just making me pour it out of my boots!

So it goes.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Sorry Bodge the weather down here is awful at the moment, going somewhere nice or touring.:sadwavey: I too am missing the moot although my reason is financial.

It's ok I've ordered nice weather from saturday onwards;)
I'm staying at Bodmin for a week with my scout/cub group then it's where ever I park our Van is our home.:)
I cant bring myself to stay on holiday sites at £30 per night:cussing:
I am a camping and caravan member so will be staying at some summer rally sites at about £5 per night:D

Bodge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE