Who stole it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Right....who stole winter?

It seems to be very mild for this time of year and this time last year we had all the snow chaos. Temperatures up here in Aberdeen have been into double figures the past couple of weeks. Some reaching as high as 15 degC.

Am I the only one who wants the snow? Most of my workmates think I am mad for thinking that.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm waking up in the night sweltered hot and throwing the quilts off :sigh:
I can't take this heat, it's not right at this time of year.
I dug out the Summer quilts this morning.

M

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Toddy, my wife is doing the same.
I'd be OK if she did not throw off the duvet. I love my 10/13 TOGS.

RichardIT

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Moon

It seems to be very mild for this time of year and this time last year we had all the snow chaos. Temperatures up here in Aberdeen have been into double figures the past couple of weeks. Some reaching as high as 15 degC.

Am I the only one who wants the snow? Most of my workmates think I am mad for thinking that.
Hahaha. Can't say I'm missing the snow in Aberdeen :)

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale

And I thought it was just me wanting the snow! This year so far we've only had a couple of frosty nights, where as last year we'd already had snow. My yearly beer festival trip last year looked like this
CroptonBC1.jpg

and it was the most fun I've had. This year I'll be taking the sun lounger and a pair of shorts :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
There is still no snow on the mountains here let alone in the towns, all the old locals here agree that this has been the longest summer/autumn that they can remember. All the roads here have had the snow pole markers so the snow know where to drive for a while but still no snow

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I can't help feeling that when it does arrive, it's going to feel more severe that it is, irrespective of how low the temperature actually gets!

Ogri the trog

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, probably a looooong, wet cold Spring :sigh:

I think the cold Winter is easier tbh. Wet and muddy isn't fun *all* the time.

M

Just look on the bright side, my heating hasnt been on and at todays current prices I'm saving a fortune :)

Thats true I guess, especially when using oil, just dropped down a level on the guage at the weekend from 5 (50-60% full) to 4 (40-50%) and it was last filled up in September. We have a fairly cold house so the heating has been on now and again, usually about and hour a day or every couple of days.

Just need to make sure i get an oil delivery in December before Christmas and that should see me through the winter.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
It didn't snow here last year until the very end of november. It wasn't really cold before that snow fell either, but its been quite cold here this last week, damp, misty and chilly.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I spent £60 on snow tyres for my bike, so I could still ride to work.

So it's my fault, people. The snow and ice is staying away so I don't get to go play.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE